RP Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok if someone could post info bout it just so everyone knows i didnt know at all that it was aloud to be done at all i am still new to the scene though but would be interesting to know how this works

ok if someone could post info bout it just so everyone knows i didnt know at all that it was aloud to be done at all i am still new to the scene though but would be interesting to know how this works

Your best to contact your state licensing unit as the laws vary considerably throughout Aus.

will look pretty sweet dressed in white.. ive seen these guys in the flesh and im a huge fan

thanks everyone! I'm definitely eagerly anticipating a potential clutch from them. Probably my most exciting pairing for this coming season.

Bluie - Best of luck with them, feel free to post some pics of the sibs!

Hi Jason. They're looking good mate. Not tying to be a smart alec, but personally I'd call them striped Darwins, not RP. But they're your animals and so that's up to you what you call them. I've attached a pic of a Darwin I'd call RP. I've also attached a pic of a stiped Darwin that I hatched out this season. Regarless of what you call them, they're beautiful Darwins you have there. I wait to see your breeding results from them. They should produce some cracker offspring!

Corey.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 101
Lovely! I'm a bit new to pythons and was wondering what RP stands for. My firend and I saw 'RPM's the other day and went ***? lol

@Dale: I'm really new too, but I'd say captive bred wil never really be wild enough to be released.

Last edited:
Hi Jason. They're looking good mate. Not tying to be a smart alec, but personally I'd call them striped Darwins, not RP. But they're your animals and so that's up to you what you call them. I've attached a pic of a Darwin I'd call RP. I've also attached a pic of a stiped Darwin that I hatched out this season. Regarless of what you call them, they're beautiful Darwins you have there. I wait to see your breeding results from them. They should produce some cracker offspring!

Corey.

IMO these are far from being rp's reptileaddiction, not even close!

Crackers Jason, best rp Darwins I've ever seen!

Very healthy looking snakes mate, not entirely uncommon to see wild animals looking like them. Many would even put them to shame.

IMG_7539.jpg

The age of your pair puts the collection date of the mother around the time when i was working the contract in darwin, so they may be progeny of a snake i caught. A bit of interesting history for you, Bluie should be able to confirm whether i did or not.

JR, do you know what has happened to the snake in the photo i posted ^^^?

As for wether they are RP or not, i think the names of anything count for very little. At the end of the day you can call them whatever you want, a purchaser should be buying them because they like what they see not for a flash name. If they are buying something based on a name then they deserve a kick in the hip pocket for being stupid.

Last edited:

Corey.

i think it's just the basic jag layout that creates the idea of RP in this case, but what is Reduced pattern? in this hobby it refers to more pattern rather then less pattern and that's just how it is, don't confuse people with your technicalities and logic :lol:

i think it's just the basic jag layout that creates the idea of RP in this case, but what is Reduced pattern? in this hobby it refers to more pattern rather then less pattern and that's just how it is, don't confuse people with your technicalities and logic :lol:

:lol: Haha so reduced pattern(RP) = more pattern????? Wouldn't that be IP- increased pattern? You're right, it seems logic has no place here :lol:

Very nice Corey,love the adult,lots of orange with little black pigment.That one Gordo is a stunning looking one also,is it a wild one..Fancy names is basically all they are..What i hate is people putting larger amounts of $$ on animals when simply they are just good looking animals.Just because its got a fancy name DOESNT mean you can ask 2-4 x as much..Either way Jas they are a great looking pair and all the best with any future breeding seasons..Darwins are a underated snake IMO,but when you look at these fine examples already posted,who wouldnt own any..

That one was wild. I caught it while i was a nominee on a keep permit, i doubt that one would have been released.

That wild one I belive died. Due to health problems after it got out of the cage it was in and was could in the air-con. I offered to bring it home and work with it and was told all is ok. Hmmm. anyways. Jason I like how they have grown. The brothers and sisters I have for that pair are still small as I have not pumped them with food because there was no reason as there is that meany Rp etc out there it is not worht the breeding of them. We have other projects we are working on. As most will also know I am more into my Breeding of my White northern bluies.

JR

That wild one I belive died. Due to health problems after it got out of the cage it was in and was could in the air-con. I offered to bring it home and work with it and was told all is ok. Hmmm. anyways. Jason I like how they have grown. The brothers and sisters I have for that pair are still small as I have not pumped them with food because there was no reason as there is that meany Rp etc out there it is not worht the breeding of them. We have other projects we are working on. As most will also know I am more into my Breeding of my White northern bluies.

JR

I'm not overly suprised at that JR. Very disappointing.

As for whether they are reduced or increased pattern depends on what people regard as the pattern/background. For instance, a jungle with exactly the same pattern as my darwins (with black saddles) is also regarded a RP, yes? yet a patternless jungle is yellow (super zebras), hence the pattern is in fact the black markings. To say the darwins have increased pattern is to say that super zebras are in fact not patternless at all but instead completely patterned and the yellow is masking the black background?

Whether they're striped, IP, RP etc they are what they are. I think the R/I-P argument is her to stay. After all its just how individuals look at the animals in questions. BUT if everyone agrees that this pattern variant is increased somebody needs to change RPM to IPM :)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Corey.

Holy Crap. That Darwin in the first picture is awesome. Whatever you call it I do not care all I would like to call it would be 'mine' but unfortunately that will never be the case.

Lucky bugger you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back