Mangosteen - i need it.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphorion

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know of anywhere in Brisbane that i can get my hands on some Purple Mangosteen?

Mmm I love Mangosteens... I used to live in Mangosteen Close, it was great :p

Not sure where you can get them in Brissy though

I've only ever seen the puree version in health food stores and naturopath clinics. If you're near Woolloongabba Shoo, Mrs Flannery's is a good place to start.

any nice fruit shop will sell them, im not sure you would find it in a lot of supermarkets though.

yeah never seen them in the supermarkets. called my local Mrs. Flannerys today but no luck. There is a gourmet fruit shop down the way a bit so i will check that out and will call the shop in Woolloongabba too, ta for the tip!

Dear Mangosteen,
Please find a way into my house, lots of you. I will chop you up and eat you, no worries. Just get in ma' house!
Kindly,
Shoo x

Tropiculture Australia 0889881119 thes people specilize in tropical fruit tree growing and will be able to point you in the right direction. there is also places near Mossmon Qld that grow them but i dont have there details any more. also you can call Rocklea fruit markets Qld and you might be alble to pick up a box. As for the woolworths ones there rubish and not fresh and are all imported from thialand ( very old stock)

mmmmmm cravings don't even begin to describe it, i've been after these heavenly fruits for months now! I will be giving Rocklea markets a call on Tuesday afternoon to see what i can pick up on Wednesday. It is a Wednesday pickup isn't it? Trouble is, you have to buy an entire crate of them... Problem? I think NOT! *OM NOM NOM NOM*

Give me a few bob and I'll head down to rustys and post you some fresh from the farms in FNQ :)

I think they'd be fine in the post!!!

Apparently they're selling them at the Taringa Fruit Shop and at the gourmet markets. I'm doing a produce run tomorrow, let you know how it goes ;)

I found that info on the web too C.D. I was a bit confused as to what 'Taringa Fruit Shop' is, so i called Mrs. Flannerys in Taringa but nope, none there. Will call the fruit shop at Gailey Fiveways tomorrow and hope they have some. Otherwise, take pity on me and send me pics of you all eating your Mangosteen. I may even be riled enough to come hunt you down and steal some. Brrr, fruit cravings, they be the worst. Where be my Lychees!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back