Smelly Snakey !!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
okay well this isnt a huge issue but if it can b easily fixed awesome, so the other day I bought a new snake I instantly smelt something yucky ( didnt realize at the time it was actually the snake that smelt )..... It isnt a poo or wee smell more like a plastic smell or like a guy after he comes home from working in the dust, building roads or on a farm .....I believe its just a transferred smell , not actually like the snake has B.O lmao......

So I have shed aid ( which I rarely use) and it says it gets rid of smells etc but this is a pretty potent smell so can I bath her ???? Can I bath her with me ????Or what is the best way to get rid of the smell ????

Please keep your UNHELPFUL remarks to yourself I am sure they'll boost your ego even if kept to yourself! .....

If you're gonna bath it, then you'll need to monitor the water temp. What would feel ok to us could be too hot for the snake, so i wouldn't suggest 'bathing it with you'.

^ okay so wat temp for her ?and will she freak out ,
I dont want to scare her , shes lovely . If itll stress her id rather just put up with the smell >>>>>she seems to be abit of a sook hasnt left me since I got her days ago i put her back in her tank without the lid on ( on purpose ) while im doing things and everytime she comes out and sits on my foot for a lil while before climbing up my leg to my shoulders or hanging out in my shirt !
also does anyone know why she smells could it be what I thought ?^

Can't be too bad if you let her climb up your shoulders and under your shirt.

If you bath it, people recommend luke warm water.

Will

Last edited:
It probably is a poo/urate smell thats on the animal. Maybe came from the tub it was kept in that had crap and the likes in it and then bagged ready to send to you.... Definitely wipe it down with a damp cloth that should fix it and keep in out of your shirt, otherwise it wil keep the boys away. lol

is her tank clean? as southside morelia said it could be a poo/urate smell...maybe have a look around her tank, it be something in her tank that has transferred onto her so give everything in it a good clean just in case and wipe her down with a cloth..

You can put 1 small drop of bedadine into the water you dampen the cloth with this will also kill germs on the snakes skin that maybe causing the smell
The water should be the colour of weak tea no stronger
You also may have to repeat in a few days

You can put 1 small drop of bedadine into the water you dampen the cloth with this will also kill germs on the snakes skin that maybe causing the smell
The water should be the colour of weak tea no stronger
You also may have to repeat in a few days

thanx , your tops !!!!!

also wanted to add YES her tank is immaculate ! The smell was present when I bought her :)

. Im definately not the kinda chick thats scared to get dirty.......
Mmmmm...No need to bath it,simply wipe down with a cloth...

yes Mmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
i bath my carpet all the time he loves it and it keeps him new and clean. lol deffs bath with you if your goin to bath

By the way your snake smells zeezzas because it has been kept in a dirty enclosure if it's been in there for some time it may take a while for the smell to be gone perhaps not until it sheds again sometimes that smell just etches into them which is why it's important to clean your enclosures weekly cheers

I think the guy who owned it before you kept it in a dirty enclosure just take it out on the grass on a warm day under a sprinkler it will probably love it snakes don't need to be washed they just need a clean environment nothing stinks more than snake ****

I think the guy who owned it before you kept it in a dirty enclosure just take it out on the grass on a warm day under a sprinkler it will probably love it snakes don't need to be washed they just need a clean environment nothing stinks more than snake ****

thank you , wish everyone was as helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back