NSW DECC online licencing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin

morelia
Reaction score
NSW DECC online licencing

the NSW DECC will have on line Import / Export permits and licence renewals on line very soon.. where you can pay for the permit/licence on line using a credit card and have them post it out or (hopefully) get it emailed to you in PDF format. Its also a 10% discount for using this method over the current method.

I was invited to trial this online permit system today and have registered online.. looks very easy to use and a good system.

And also the old paper Reptile Record Books will also be done away with for the new E-Book thats accessed on line and lodged yearly on line. I've been told this should be implemented in NSW this April when we normally post our books back.

Should be an announcement on all the above very soon from the DECC.

Oh very nice. Sounds like some common sense is slipping through the cracks

What a great idea! Especially the import/export permits.

Thanks for the heads up Colin, sick of waiting forever for anything to arrive as well as being on the phone only to get someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Not to mention the 8:30am - 12:30pm trading hours...

Last edited:
about time they did something hopefully that will make it a hell of alot quicker and easier :) I think all states should consider doing this would save alot of time.

Hopefully they will have another payment system besides credit cards.
Such as bpay or paypal or direct deposit etc as not everyone has a credit card and im tired of going to the post office to get money orders lol.

This sounds like a great step forward! A few more of these and we might make it into the present ;)

Bez84, ever considered a debit card, so you can use your own money as if you had a credit card? Would make stuff so much easier for ya :)

The drawback so far is that after applying online we still have to wait for a paper version to be mailed out :rolleyes: I've suggested that they PDF the permits and email us, an idea they really seem to like and hope they take on board.

I also suggested that it would be fantastic if we could apply online, pay online and then download the permit and print it off ourselves. This would be so much of a time saver and the DECC would have a record of our online application so they could check the details at their leisure and if there was a problem contact the keeper involved.

The response to that was at present due to ongoing compliance issues the DECC want to check applications before signing their approval and don’t expect this to change in the short term.. But I'm trying to push this idea if I can.

Sorry Colin, is this applying for an import/export permit?

Emailed PDFs make so much more sense.... and as a justification, it's environmentally friendly! :D

The drawback so far is that after applying online we still have to wait for a paper version to be mailed out :rolleyes: I've suggested that they PDF the permits and email us, an idea they really seem to like and hope they take on board.

I also suggested that it would be fantastic if we could apply online, pay online and then download the permit and print it off ourselves. This would be so much of a time saver and the DECC would have a record of our online application so they could check the details at their leisure and if there was a problem contact the keeper involved.

The response to that was at present due to ongoing compliance issues the DECC want to check applications before signing their approval and don’t expect this to change in the short term.. But I'm trying to push this idea if I can.

totally agree qld have the system where u just get ur licence over the net and pay via debit card and they send you an email straight away with your licence number on a pdf format and you just print it out. i was so shocked going from a nsw licence(having to wait 3 wks plus) to a qld one it was to easy hopefully they will decide to do the same :)

Thanks for the heads up Colin.
I think its a great start, but until they let us apply for/get the permit straight away we are still in the dark ages.
I mean QLD can get their act together, what is stopping NSW from doing the same.
Electronic reporting will also be a great time saver...just hope they don't screw that up and not let us print a copy for our own records.

Sorry Colin, is this applying for an import/export permit?

Emailed PDFs make so much more sense.... and as a justification, it's environmentally friendly! :D

Import & Export permits, AKL licences and renewals etc and the online E-Book will replace the paper version we now use.
Yes I agree and thats why I suggested the PDF emailed permit option to the DECC on the phone today. They liked this idea and I'm hoping theywill use it.

Thanks for the heads up Colin.
I think its a great start, but until they let us apply for/get the permit straight away we are still in the dark ages.
I mean QLD can get their act together, what is stopping NSW from doing the same.
Electronic reporting will also be a great time saver...just hope they don't screw that up and not let us print a copy for our own records.

yes Its a great start but I also feel that an option to apply, pay, download and print straight away is what we all want and need.

Last edited:
Maybe start a thread or show them this one to help push their decision, maybe if theres enough people that agree with colin they will have no choice :p

totally agree qld have the system where u just get ur licence over the net and pay via debit card and they send you an email straight away with your licence number on a pdf format and you just print it out. i was so shocked going from a nsw licence(having to wait 3 wks plus) to a qld one it was to easy hopefully they will decide to do the same :)

I can't imagine living in a world like that! :D

But maybe why NSW hasn't done that yet is the compliance issues Colin mentioned? Tho why they would exist here and not north of the border, I dunno...

Thanks for putting this topic up colin,i will believe it when i see it.
Beware of DECCs bearing gifts ! :lol:

This is a great move for thr department... I can get the import number here in Vic by the afternoon if I apply in the morning over the phone. Can't do anything legally (shipping) until the paper copy arrives in the mail but at least I can provide the number to the seller interstate to get the ball rolling on their end. Makes for a very easy, fast and stress free transaction for both parties trying to move specimens interstate.

About time, we have bought a couple of reptiles from N.S.W and each time it has taken 2 - 3 months for the seller to get the export permit, the last time they lost the application and it had to be redone, its pretty pathetic the way they work down there. All they need to do is take up qlds system where you only need a movement advice then things will be a hell of a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back