conjoined twin ackies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vadnappa

Reaction score
I had a clutch of 8 ridgetail eggs, first 1 pipped on tuesday but didnt emerge. the remaining 7 pipped on wednesday all out on thursday. i removed the 7 to another tub in the incubator for a couple of days and left the first egg in the original tub incase it was just a bit slow. today (sunday) the egg had appeared to turn so i cut it open to find conjoined twins. they look to be joined around the stomach. both were alot smaller than their siblings. i am surprised they managed to slit the egg at all.

Attachments

• DSCF0647.jpg
    DSCF0647.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF0656.jpg
    DSCF0656.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCF0649.jpg
    DSCF0649.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 293
Why does everyone refer to them as "it" there are 2 therefore it would be more correct to say THEY and THEM.

the constant pain they would have experienced in eating and one being the more dominant ackie than the other, although impressive I've only seen one successful lizard live that had more than one of itself and even that was a struggle, it also didn't live long

Wow, poor things. There seem to have been lots of twins bred this year, even triplets! Is there usually this many, or is it unusually high?

Ive noticed the same Jay,all not many people mentioned them.This would be the first time ive heard of twin ackies,its ashame they were conjoined thou.If they were i doubt they couldve lived a normal-healthy life.Good photos..pitty about the little ones..

even if they had made it out of the egg i highly doubt they could of lived, if they had been joined less or more maybe, but it would not of been a happy existence.
i was thinking that aswell, occasionally in the past i would hear of some twins but seems like this year there has been a few. i hadnt heard of twin ackies before, i have seen it in other monitors though.

What a shame they were conjoined:(
We had a freak beardie that produced numerous sets of conjoined twins a couple of years ago, needless to say I would never breed her again

your breeding mutants vadnappa

ha sort of. one of the painteds that hatched out this season had a claw for an arm. its doing great, just by itself as it takes a bit longer for it to eat.
thats interesting kyro. i have bred the female that produced this clutch before and never any twins so far, i do have the next clutch incubating from her so will see what hatches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back