Species names!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beeman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me, there are at least 2 adds selling
what people are terming Stimpsons as well as others that
post the same spelling when writing about this type of
python.

This to me shows how little people actually know about what they keep.

People the term is stimsoni or stimson python there is no "P"
in the word and never has been!

Last edited:
We need a like button now that the reputation is gone. I hate seeing this too!

Another thing that bugs me is people not understanding the environment and climate in which their reptile originates from.

i was going to start a thread about this "stimpson" business too people there is no P

yeah and its even people who are selling offspring that write this as well you think if they have had them long enough to breed you should know how to spell there name

just thought i would put in my little bit ! :D

Thanks guys, now I know the truth I have to change the names of my stimpsons from Bart and Lisa.

Haha I have noticed this on a few ads myself, worries me a little when the seller doesn't even seem to know the correct spelling of their reptile.

A well known petshop in melbourne used to have all there Darwins as Darvon's Pythons and there Coastals as Costol pythons. I'm not sure what species codes they were using.:)

I made this pic when making fun the of the exact same spelling before, i think it's only appropriate to repost it. :D

Attachments

• stimpson.PNG
    stimpson.PNG
    108.4 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back