My very first egg!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, they are shark bay local occies.
I havnt candled them yet, i probly should buy ive been busy, might get around to it today. But they havnt collapsed in or anything. The first one developed a wrinkle within the first day or 2 but has stayed exactly like that since.

Geoff. good luck with your eggs, but just be a bit wary of your incubator, those Hoverbators have been known to have fairly big temperature swings, so maybe just keep an eye on your temps as well....all the best cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Thanks mate, i have been watching the temp closely and had it running for 3 weeks before the eggs adjusting it before they laid. Ive got the prob inside the SIM tub and ive only seen temperature fluctuate about 1 degree

thats great to hear! I have a hova bator and i was incubating my beardie eggs first time ever.. first two clutches i thought i knew it all lol, and they all just collapsed and went mouldy so i tried taping the edges of the incubator with black electrical tape and have heaps more water in the incubator for humidity and they're staying really plump and white! Im sure your will be good its very exiting watching the eggs growth and seeing them hatch =) not that i've experience that yet, cant wait though! Good luck hopefully they turn out good!!

Thanks mate, well bad news anyways, the second egg that was laid, has half collapsed and has mould on it. I tried to candle the first egg, it still looks plump and what not, i couldnt see any veins but its covered in the red sand so its hard to tell, or are the veins dead obvious to see? Fingers crossed its a good one

The veins should be visible even thorugh a thin layer of red sand. My levis lay in the red sand and this is always stuck to the eggs, i cn still see the veins. They will grow on the inside of the egg, just under the outside surface.

Ok, ill leave them for a few days and check for veins again, and yeah i bought them off james

congrats guff_man how exciting
I had my first ever clutch last season but my incubator decided to malfunction the one day no one was home.
Digital thermo reset itself at top degree setting and cooked all the eggs.
Wishing you all the best with ur incubation. Hopefully we will see a bubby or 2 soon

Thought i better update this, it was bad news in the end. The egg that looked ok, looked good for 2 months and then just went bad pretty quickly.
I left her for quite a while to put on some condition before i mated them again, got her to lay another 2 eggs, this time they looked perfect. Within a few days one egg shriveled up and went bad. Then a week and a half later unfortunately, the female gecko passed away :(. I was shattered to say the least. I have no idea why or how, she was still eating and everything fine even a day or 2 before it happened. Temps were right etc, she was shedding well. Not too sure but i guess theres nothing i can do about it.
But that egg is still in the incubator now, i candled it and there is noticable veins, so im really hoping this time its a success. Fingers crossed anyways

Oh what a shame! I wonder why she passed away?

If you are after a female i have a couple of adults that are laying at the moment i would consider selling!

I suppose i should update this, the last remaining egg, the ones she laid before she died, didnt ever hatch, left it for a long time, all looked good, finally cut the egg open, and there was a fully formed awesome looking gecko.... but lifeless :(

good stuff, best of luck with the egg, it is all up from here, keep us posted

Dont think you read it all mate, read the post #37, this is the end of the chapter for the occies. Ive still got the male which is for sale because i dont have a female.
I have a pair of pilbs now though which are doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back