Woma with skink colony?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

licky

Reaction score
Just wondering if I could add a colony of garden skinks to my woma enclosure?
I know people are thinking woma+skinks= no skinks within a day. But my thinking is woma (large)+skinks (very small)= peaceful living. My woma is on sand with alot of ground cover, so i believe they will stay away from the woma.

Just wondering cause the enclosure is definately a large enough for a community of skinks. Like killing to birds with one stone, from an observational point of veiw.

whatcha think?

it could work yes but small skinks like that are very hard to come by

i think it could possibly work as long as u kept ur woma well fed, although u might find that because its constantly smelling something like food it might go a littl crazy :p lol if the skinks are small enough then i dont see why they couldnt be u should be prepared that it could all very well go pear shape an u loose ur skinks. plus if they are out of ur garden (wild caught) they could spread disease to you snake and would not be good if eaten.
best idea is probably not to do it, but its your choice ;)

The skinks have been quarantined for bout 2 weeks now. If i see problems i will remove them.

BTW sweetangel my woma is already crazy

in throery it will work...

small garden skinks are not on a womas diet..
the only things is as stated it might drive the moma a little crazy...

if the skinks keep running past the woma might take strikes at them and hurt itself..
plus the posibility of desease is there..

plus then the insects to feed the skinks might irritate the woma and breed through out the tank plus spread desease...

plus they both like different heats and humidity...

i wouldnt do it myself.. i wouldnt put my womas through it..

The skinks have been quarantined for bout 2 weeks now. If i see problems i will remove them.

BTW sweetangel my woma is already crazy

So are you mate. :lol: 2 weeks in quarantine?

Lol waterrat i was just stating at what stage in quarantine they are in. A couple of months would do it.
Plus the food is commerical insects, plus i seriously doubt insects would bring disease. It would be a question of hygine and how i maintain the enclosure.

Your skinks would always be stressed out since there is a massive snake in there with them
Doubt they would be feeding.

you have a problem with it reptilife?
You know its easy to criticize someone with an idea. I have provided my reasoning aswell as how i plan to feed, quarantine, seperate, etc

Jannico i would only have to test it to either prove or disprove your post. But considering the whole wild world is pretty much bigger then them...
But as i said i would have to test it.

If they're wild caught Garden skinks (which I'm assuming) they are full of all sorts of nasties (bacteria, ascarids, nematods, etc) and I wouldn't even be adding them in with other skinks let alone a reptile eating woma! The potential for disease transmission is huge, so why risk it?

what about feeding the skinks though? are they eating crickets? if so, might the crickets be irritating to the woma? im not sure on this matter and personally, i wouldnt try it, sorry mate lol.

Lol geckoman i wanted constructive criticism not smart arses. People like sweetangel, najanaja and jannico have provided contructive criticism, everyone else hasnt

To give the skinks somewhere to get away from the woma, maybe put a wooden partition with small holes only big enough for the skinks to fit through. Would probably help reduce stress, and you could block it off during feeding time to stop insects getting through the whole enclosure.
Just a thought.

Go for it then! Just don't come winging about having to take your beloved python in for surgery to remove the nematode blocking it's oesophagus!! Keeping reptiles IMO is a privaledge, not an experiment or right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back