First Jungle Hatchie Feeding!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampstorso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Happy to say my lil 5 week old Jungle did me proud today!

after leaving it in peace in its click clack for a week, it came the day for the feeding!
I was nervous because even though I know it's fine if he doesn't eat...I'd feel more secure that he was comfortable if he did!

...took the mouse out to defrost in the fridge this morning, warmed it up in a freezer bag in a cup of water right before feeding...dangled it around a bit and BAM ^__^
Was interesting watching him take it down...for awhile I started to think I should take it off him, because there was no way that thing was gonna fit down his tiny throat! but gosh he proved me wrong :)

...I know this is such a normal boring thing for every one else. but it was of course exciting for me.

Plus I'm chuffed that he's a good feeder and placid it seems

Casey

Last edited:
im much the same as u there though mines reaching 3 months old i fed my new jungle a week ago tonight, though i thought because he bit the body not the head he wasn't going to down his mice but he found the head :)

aww congratulations :)

Mine did that too! had the head, then switched to the body and like- chewed on it for awhile!
But soon it obviously clicked to him that it wasn't going to work and he needed to change tactic!

such an oddly satisfying feeling isn't it :) and so impressive they can swallow something that looks so much thicker than their throats!

my bloke does that as well but he eats them tail first, don't know if that's a bad thing or not

it is pretty cool

Congrats Vamp. I've been keeping reps for years now, and I still love when that hatchie takes his first meal. Good luck with it!:D

thanks Whyme :) it's like watching your own lil baby grow up *wipes eye!*

...Maybe Jungles are just rather confused feeders Joe! ...guess it's hard to tell the difference if they're pinky mice anyway :\

thanks Whyme :) it's like watching your own lil baby grow up *wipes eye!*

...Maybe Jungles are just rather confused feeders Joe! ...guess it's hard to tell the difference if they're pinky mice anyway :\

Yeah may-be hey, or they're just getting rid of the worst bit first :-o
my bloke's a stripey p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back