Woma with skink colony?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing to remember is the legalities, it is illegal to catch and keep reptiles in qld without the appropriate permits. As said the risk of disease and parasites is real when using wild caught skinks. If you were using legally obtained captive animals, providing the enclosure was large enough and not over stocked with skinks i'd say you would be ok

you have a problem with it reptilife?
You know its easy to criticize someone with an idea. I have provided my reasoning aswell as how i plan to feed, quarantine, seperate, etc

No I don't have a problem with it... it's your snake!
You asked for opinions, people here have given some very valid reasons why you should not execute your idea, yet you feel you must justify your decision, as if you are just going to do it anyway.
Ask for advice, sure, but then you gotta take it on board!

You can say the big wide world is massive and full of nasties but your enclosure isnt the big wide world, it's an enclosed space. You shouldn't be stressing out your animals for the sake of aesthetics or personal gratification, sort of the same reason we worm our reptiles and keep them safe from parasites.

Otherwise I would be keeping frogs, keelbacks, tree snakes, small skinks and fresh water fish in the same tank.

I really don't think they will do well in together, too many variables to consider in a small space.

This is my opinion.
I think it is a ridiculous idea and have no idea why someone would even think about doing it let alone actually considering it.
JMO

U seem to want to do it,don't really take notice of experienced advice so just do it and if s hit goes down, you can endanger your womas well-being or life for the sake of some sinks in there.
What sinks do u have as you have stated they are being quarantined?

Regardless disease and quarantine, it is 1st of all ILLEGAL to keep those skinks. Yeah i will go ahead and assume you caught them, because anyone who went to the trouble of finding any on licence wouldn't even consider putting them in such a stupid situation =p.

Sometimes i wonder why people post asking for opinions, then when they get one that is against their idea they are so set on, they get upset and totally ignore the opinions they asked for anyway. Why do people even bother asking if they are so set on it they don't care what they are told, even when it's true...

the parasidic risk from the garden skinks alone should have alarm bells ringing. your animal dude but no skink is worth a health risk to a perfectly healthy woma IMO
Bad idea from my point of view....

Regardless disease and quarantine, it is 1st of all ILLEGAL to keep those skinks. Yeah i will go ahead and assume you caught them, because anyone who went to the trouble of finding any on licence wouldn't even consider putting them in such a stupid situation =p.

Sometimes i wonder why people post asking for opinions, then when they get one that is against their idea they are so set on, they get upset and totally ignore the opinions they asked for anyway. Why do people even bother asking if they are so set on it they don't care what they are told, even when it's true...

Exactly what I thought

Just wondering if I could add a colony of garden skinks to my woma enclosure? .........

whatcha think?

I can't think of any valid reason for doing so. There will be no benefit to any of the occupants and similar 'experiments' have been carried out before in zoos. e.g. Jackals in Lion enclosures etc., which did not conclude happily so I think there is nothing to be learned here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back