Snake ID help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noctrl

Reaction score
Hey,
Just wanted to see if anyone could ID this snake, pretty bad pics but the neighbour took them while i was out so i guess its in my house now. Any ideas??

Photo0444.jpg Photo0447.jpg

Common Tree Snake
Dendrelaphis punctulatus
My favourite snake :)

Totally harmless unless you're allergic to being smelly!

That is a green tree snake. Nothing to worry about, the worse thing they'll do is make you smell like rotten cauliflour if you try to catch it.

Dont mean to be rude but dosnt that mean they are not totally harmless? Dont mean any disrespect to any snake lovers as I am up there, but would it not be a say "false assumption" and letting the person who wants to id the snake thinking that its okay for themselves or maybe their children to pick up the snake without any harm done to them.

i daubt a common free snake would even draw blood,,, unless you are a frog they are totally harmless...

but is it not true that there have been some cases of green tree snakes parents mating with a brown snake? so it may be a venomous?

Dont mean to be rude but dosnt that mean they are not totally harmless? Dont mean any disrespect to any snake lovers as I am up there, but would it not be a say "false assumption" and letting the person who wants to id the snake thinking that its okay for themselves or maybe their children to pick up the snake without any harm done to them.

If you want to be that anally pedantic then yes, in your eyes you could call them dangerous. On the same token it makes mice, rocks and the ground dangerous.

i have no doubt a tree snake could draw blood, small pythons can, why not tree snakes? But thats doesnt make them dangerous, if it did then as waruikazi said pretty much everything is dangerous

great looking snake where abouts are you located? we get alot of the blue phase down this way

i have no doubt a tree snake could draw blood, small pythons can, why not tree snakes? But thats doesnt make them dangerous, if it did then as waruikazi said pretty much everything is dangerous

At to add to that Hayden i've removed and handled hundreds upon hundreds of these things and i have only had one try to bite me.

whist i have not handled anywhere that number i have only ever came across one that showed any signs of agression, as said the only thing thay pose any danger to are frogs and lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back