Aspidites or Liasis any more active than Morelia?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khagan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just curious, for those who own Aspidites, Liasis and Morelia do you find them to be more active than Morelia or about the same?

Anyone? Anyone?... Bueller?

Last edited:
Bump. I'd be quite interested to know this too. I have a hatchy water python and so far she seems much less active but I haven't had her long enough to tell you definitively

I'm curious cause i recently sold my Morelia so i could have the room/money to take care of a few things needed to be done, but i know i'll eventually get something again down the track. But looking for some more active options, as the Morelia just sat around all the time =p.

Haha what kind of Morelia was it? My Bredli is all over his climbing branches all night, my Jungle is a lazy **** unless he's hungry and my old Diamond very rarely did much. The two macs are the winners in the lazy category though. They even seem to attack their food in a lazy way

My jungles on the move every night except for when he gets fed then he gets lazy.

Was an intergrade and a jungle. Yeah the jungle was most lazy out of the two heh, but they both only ever moved if they were hungry or going to heat. Be cool to have something that kinda explored it's enclosure a bit more kinda thing.

Get a monitor, you will never look back.

I'm curious cause i recently sold my Morelia so i could have the room/money to take care of a few things needed to be done, but i know i'll eventually get something again down the track. But looking for some more active options, as the Morelia just sat around all the time =p.

I have a BHP and it`s alot more active then any of my carpets.

The BHP seems to be always on the move and makes borrows all the time, since I put in kritter crumble.

My bhp is always on the move night or day and she always watching whats going on in lounge room or she is busy digging holes in the sand I would recomend them to any one plus the grow really really really quick nearly 6 foot at 14 months old she's my favorite snake by far
Cheers Deano

Nice, things looking good for BHPs. Would like to hear some more opinions, specially from owners of Water Pythons.

My Bredli has her nightly red cordial episode. Very active at night even though the lounge room lights are on.

morelia are active enough, especially when expecting a feed. they tend to hide while digesting and going through shed. I'm sure other snakes have similar behaviors. keep in mind reptiles are energy conserving animals.

Most blackies we have had come out a few times a week for a cruise particularly in the late arvo to evening. The little woma hatchy my son just got is out every night cruising around the cage. Thru the day he mostly sits with his head sticking out of one of his hides until he sees someone then comes out to have a look & sometimes goes for a cruise.

My water python is more active than my coastal or bredli. that's just one case though so I wouldn't hold too much to it.

My bhp is a lot more active than my coastal. I also have a spotted who hides all day but as soon as it hits 8pm he's out and about.
But then I also have a hatchy tree snake who is always out and about :)

My bhp is a lot more active than my coastal. I also have a spotted who hides all day but as soon as it hits 8pm he's out and about.
But then I also have a hatchy tree snake who is always out and about :)
Haha yeah actually Khagan if you want something really active get a Tree Snake

My BHPs have always been really active. They appear to have obsessive compulsive disorder, always doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back