scorpion ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dossy

Reaction score
just the other side of a galaxy not to far from th
i found something on the kitchen floor about 15 min ago and it looked like a small leaf/ pice of rubbish on the floor so i got a little closer to hav a look what it was / went to pick it up, as i got closer i relised it was a scorpion but it looked squished untill it flicked its tail up at me. i had just finished telling mum that i dnt ware shoes around the house because nothing is going to get me...well it was a tad ironic :p

anyway i will try to get a pic up but im not sure how good it will be cause it on my sis ph cam.

it was a greyish brown , 1-1.5 inch long , had black pincer tips and brown stinger. i come from barden ridge ( sutherland shire) and it looked very flat any ideas on what it could be?

scorp.jpg

from pics the best info you will get is it's a lychas species (marbled scorpion)
Are you going to keep it or not interested?

where is barden ridge? Its a lychas as AZN said

Any one have some basic info about them because I just found a second one and the family dosnt like the Idea of having them around the house. Just info like 1st aid danger level Ect Ect

Thanx everyone

well you could send it to me :p,
yes it looks like a lychas species.

if they sting you will feel pain, no worse than a wasp sting. If your allergic to bee's the sting might be a bit more severe

unfortunately when aussie scorpions are concerned these guys have the worst sting but the effect varies greatly from person to person. There has been one reported death of a child in western australia but it is not 100% confirmed that it was a lychas that stung it. I have been tagged by one of these, felt like i was getting jabbed by a red hot needle for an hour or 2 and then for 3-4days after the sting site has pins and needles. They are a common house guest in many parts of the country and normally cause no problems, if you really dont want them in your house your best off contacting your local pest man and he should be able to help you out with keeping them away

i do not mind them and i have been stung by 3 wasps ( 2 at the same time same spot) so im not overly worried about it but its more mum dad and my sister that do not like them much and also we have little kids running around the house bare foot and we do not want them getting hit.

so what if some one does get stung just apply ice to the site? or is it a visit the doc type of thing. i have herd that no australian scorpion have venom strong enough to kill a person from a few people so i have belived it is this true. if i find any more ill let you guys know :D

your very lucky to get them in your house !
my dad takes me up to 4 hour drive sometimes to find some ... and im yet to find any !!!

i do not mind them and i have been stung by 3 wasps ( 2 at the same time same spot) so im not overly worried about it but its more mum dad and my sister that do not like them much and also we have little kids running around the house bare foot and we do not want them getting hit.

so what if some one does get stung just apply ice to the site? or is it a visit the doc type of thing. i have herd that no australian scorpion have venom strong enough to kill a person from a few people so i have belived it is this true. if i find any more ill let you guys know :D

i suggest dont get stung lol. If you do ice or in case of hands and feet, ice cold water untill the pain goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back