Trying to find more Gidgee Skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleobhp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on the look out for Gidgee Skinks, I have 1 but need more for an outdoor enclosure. There's not a lot around especially the age I'm after, if anyone knows of any breeders out there please let me know. Thanks

hi, i am a breeder of gidgee skinks and just sold a 3yr old pair today on RDU for a steal. i may have some available early next week as most of my females have dropped already. so pm me early next week and ill see what i can do for you.

regards mick

Hi Mick,
I did see the ones u had for sale but I'm looking for some around the 2 yr mark, the same age as mine, would you have any available around that age?

i have some two year olds available and some juvies, but i dont want to freight. sorry. if you have a big outdoor enclosure i wouldnt worry about age difference as long as the sizes arent too extreme.

all mine are 3 years plus, yearlings and new born sorry. but as vadnappa said in an outside inclosure they will live together happily, they sort out there differences themselves and as long as you have more than one hide it will be fine. i have my yearlings in with my adults but they are from the same colony so get along well. i wouldnt put yearlings in with different adults though. and if you do get other adults change the enclosure around and put them all in together at the same time, to stop any terratorial issues.

regards mick

Thanks for.the replies guys, I was hoping to get some before I put my other 1 out there so there would be less chance of fighting. How would a colony go with other skinks?

Message 'Jordo' on this site...... i think he has some for sale!

As most people have said, just be careful when you do introduce new animals. A friend tried to introduce a new cunninghams skink to one he already had. It didn't end well.

As most people have said, just be careful when you do introduce new animals. A friend tried to introduce a new cunninghams skink to one he already had. It didn't end well.

Yes that's why I don't want to put him out there untill I get some more. I have him in with my frillies inside and they all get along great.

if your introducing them outdoors all together,they should be fine,its more when theres already a territory established when u have issues introducing new animals,outdoors with space and multiple hide areas/basking spots,they should be fine,but always best to watch for a while to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back