Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the worst photos ever taken of a gecko:

Saltuarius salebrosus, absolutely stunning geckos that grow to enormous lengths (in gecko standards) and no photo, no matter how focused can capture their true beauty or do them justice.

Attachments

• P3110028.jpg
    P3110028.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 123
  • P3110030.JPG
    P3110030.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P3110031.JPG
    P3110031.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 125
  • P3110032.jpg
    P3110032.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 105
they look fantastic Rocket, i have seen them here in Melbourne but they seem to be pretty rare in the hobby overall , im currently on the hunt for a pair of Saltuarius salebrosus, what size tank are you keeping yours in Rocket, i have a tall 80cm all mesh zoomed enclosure but i think it would be no good in holding in humidity.

Sarah,
I am keeping them in a 450Lx450Wx600H exo terra for the time being. As you would know, they grow rather large (up to 300mm TL) but are slow growers and slow to mature, taking up to three years to reach maturity and as they grow, I will separate them and increase the enclosure size.

thanks Rocket i have seen adult ones and they are truly magnificent ,are you planning to keep them in pairs eventually or individually.

I will most likely separate them as they grow and keep them individually.

Good luck finding them, they are truly magnificent like you said and would be good to see them in the hands of more keepers as they really are rather scarce and forgotten.

300mm, you serious? I knew they were large but damn. There are some cornutus on RDU at the moment, $500 a pop. What are the salebrosus worth?

...well its been a while since I checked this and finally saw your question hornet. The S.salebrosus are worth (from what I've seen) anywhere from $350-$500ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back