Diy mock rock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_alex

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know any really good websites or threads for giving diy mock rock a go.I'm thinking of making a display monitor enclosure.
I've made polystyrene backgrounds before but need something that's going to be able to take greater heat transfer, any help would be appreciated. I'm just in the research stage of the project so no enclosures or animals have been purchased
Cheers
Alex

Get a bag of cement. Plastic garden edging and some wooden stakes. make the shape u want with the garden edging and fill with cement. Weight might be an issue but it Depends on the size of the rock u wanna make. Good for making long flatish looking rocks.

Check the how to make a hide thread. It's the same principle just doesn't have to be hollow :)

With monitors you cant use the foam and render method as their claws will rip them to shreds. Either use solid concrete if you can deal with the weight or we can make you strong lightweight rocks to all sorts of shapes and colours. They are strong enough to resist even lacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back