When should i upgrade?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemycoastal

Reaction score
hey guys, i was just wondering when i should upgrade my pythons enclosure to a bigger size?
he is a coastal carpet, 13 months old and about 3 feet long. right now his enclosure is 2ftx2ftx2ft and what size would be a good next size?

dont quote me on it but i hear for them to be atleast reasonable comfort enclosures should be.. half there length long minimum and a quater there hight and quater there depth... but thats a rough minimum i was told. personally i have my 4 ft coastal in a 45cm deep, 1.5m high and 1.2 m wide enclose so she can climb everywhere

my coastal is like 4.5 ft and hes in a 120m + by 80 by like 100 and i dont know if i should get him a new one but this one is pretty nice so idk is that ok size still?

my mate has a 120cm long x 60cm deep x 120cm high enclosure, do you think that would be a good size for him? i was looking in pet shops and the big ones are very expensive, i dont mind paying it because i want him to be comfortable but im not sure on what size, should i just go BIG?

It would be best to put him into an enclosure which will suit him fully grown. Absolute minimum i would recommend would be 1200 x 1200 x 600 but we normally recommend people to go for a large, 2100 x 1200 x 750 enclosure because of their sheer bulk. This gives them plenty of room to move around and have a stretch. They tend to be more active and interesting with the extra room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back