GTP Hatchies color change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here are two 4 month old hatchies that are from the same clutch, it amazes me how these little guys do this, the green one was the same as the yellow one only a week or so ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 115
I amazes me how they go through such a drastic colour change so quickly!

Awesome. I've never witnessed the ontogenic colour change first hand but I am eagerly waiting to see what will become of my little yellow Aru "type" and my red Biak "type", tick tock!!

Jim i thought i would be waiting for a while but i noticed ontogenic color change started on a few individuals at 2.5 months old.

i love the colour change but ive only had yellows change i would love to own a red to see the colour change

well done ryan :) ive got a yellow neo that im looking after for a mate but is a problem feeder and wont eat anything and trust me ive tryed everything.........except frogs and skinks cuz i cant find any

Ryan: 2.5 months?! Bloody hell, that's extremely early. I take it the Aussie Chondros go through the change quickly like the Aru and Merauke localities?

logotje: My red Biak is colour changing at the moment but in Biak's the changes progress very slowly. When I got him/her the red was really intense (like in my avatar), he's more of an orange colour now and if you look closely at his saddles there are green hints coming through, I've tried to capture the colours in photos but am failing miserably! Watching his changes are very exciting though no matter how slowly they do happen!

2.5 months in my experience is incredibly early but l have had sorongs gtp's change yellow to green "totally" in three days but at nine months of age...solar 17 [Baden]

My two are 6 months old and are currently going through the 'change' now although taking alot long then three days haha,

There cute when there yellow, hot when there green but ewwy inbetween :)

Very nice indeed Ryan.I had a red-maroon one Jim that was 12months old but was forced fed for that time.It ate from day 1 for me and started changing around 2months with me,it went from red-maroon to a ugly orange and then a light green.This process took 3weeks.I cant beleive at 2.5months some started the OCC,gee they look ugly when they start changing,almost mouldy looking...

Wow, I didn't realise their colour changed so quickly. Congrats on having a beautiful animal.

An update on the color change on a few of these little ones.

They have just gone 5 months.

:D

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Looking good, are they usually that thin when they're young?

They look pretty solid to me. They have a different body shape to other pythons, maybe that's why they look thin to you.

to me they dont really look any thinner then any other hatchy python but from what i have seen they dont seem to bulk up as much when they are older like other pythons do?

to me they dont really look any thinner then any other hatchy python but from what i have seen they dont seem to bulk up as much when they are older like other pythons do?

You can bulk them up but is it going to be good for them? Arboreal species need to be just right with their body weight and bulk.

Hey guys they get feed once a week a small mouse.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back