Standard darwin hatchy pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
Had a mate here in QLD that thought he had 2 adult female Darwin’s. To his surprise found one 'shivering' under the paper on eggs. Hence with no plans of breeding asked if I could incubate them for him. Then the QLD floods then came and hit his house so instead of worrying about replacing caging etc I’ve incubated, hatched and have raised these little Darwin’s for him.

They are coming along nicely. From two normal darwins, the whole clutch of 9 animals all have from the head to tail tip full unbroken spine lines into either stripe or circles and are quite impressive in the flesh. And not one has been a problem with feeding or hatchy aggressiveness :) here a pic of each.

here a few more. As i get the pic of the clutch for my trouble NO 9 is my particular favourite. From head to about 5cm down neck it got no lower marking except for a nice clean white colour i've included 2 pics of that one :) (09a & 09b) has a nice combo of stripes and circles but the neck marks are what i like the most...........

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 105
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 105
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 09a.JPG
    09a.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 09b.JPG
    09b.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
and the last pics are of mum and dad.

As you can see neither parent hav any spinal banding though the dad does have some nice banding.
Not bad for an unexpected clutch.

Attachments

• f1.JPG
    f1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 78
  • m5.JPG
    m5.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 84
really nice looking clutch.i have had the same thing with my albino darwins.niether of them have stripes,yet the last 2 years i have bred them all the bubs have had stripes.
interesting genetics.
cheers
simon

All very nice, particularly those last two! Great results from those parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back