My new baby - Charlie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veenarm

Reaction score
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
I got my first snake today! after several bearded dragons I've always wanted a snake and have done much research on them and have always loved the look of diamond pythons, so here is my new baby 30 seconds before he peed on me and gripped my thumb!

Yes I know shouldn't of handled just before going into new enclosure but got him out of tub and he liked my hand, tried to tag me once likely just because was very angry about being in a small box for a while let him cool off for a while and tried again.

Move to new enclosure fairly easy, and it was feeding day according to the chart, got given fuzzy mice and all good (he is about 6 months old) silly snake tried to eat it at the foot.. then realise oops can't do that!

Only decided he wanted to eat 2 fuzzies and now is bask/resting!

I live in Canberra, so keeping temps in winter will be good esp for diamonds and there shutdown period however I won't be doing that this winter as its his first one, but in summer anyone know of ways to keep temps down??? my room can heat up to 34-36 degrees IN THE ROOM... :(

IMAG0138.jpg

diamonds should be fine in Canberra's weather, I've seen a few in northern Sydney and temps can get scorching. you might have problems with the cold IMO! so freezing. but i find supplying them with a large water bowl on hot days if enough as they can cool off in it.

nice little guy

34c is hot for diamonds. i'm bia's to having heating to diamonds as i have seen some really bright colors from diamonds that get no articial heating just good access to UV and natural sunlight.
even though it's not a proven fact but thier natural location is good indication of how we can house them

Hey congrats!

Nice looking snake.

We got a new one yesterday. Here's a pic

Pinkie #3.jpg

Lovely little snake

be really careful of temps they are the main cause of diamond python syndrome.

Look up any posts by serpent tongue he has many years experience keeping diamonds and has posted some really interesting threads on the topic

regards

Elizabeth

Nice Pic :)

Thanks! I think she looks gorgeous!

My issue is my thermostat doesn't have a timer for the heat - it has 2 plugs 1 timer on/off and 1 heat temp guide.. so mayneed to look into other devices.

its a 2ftx2ftx74cmh enclosure so not sure if leaving the temp on 28-30 up the top all the time is fine, as it can go down below to cooler temps if it wants, OR if it will just always try to stay in the heat..(not what i want).

so once i figure out alternatives etc, The major python book says to only give HEAT for like 4 hours of the day with UV 8 hours.. so some very contrasting information on diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back