More Froggie IDs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I'm pretty terrible with frogs so I was wondering if you guys could help out. The first one used to come around and make a really cool loud noise. The second one showed up tonight with the rain and I'm guessing because of the millions of crickets we seem to have breeding around the pergola area. I'm assuming it's a GTF(?).
I'd really like to know what I can do to encourage them to come more often or even hang around?
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Yeah its a GTF, If you want to see more of them put out some more lights to attract bugs.

would hurt to make a pond either or even a portable pond then you could attract mor of them and even different frogs.

Oh ok cool thanks. There's a garden right next to there so I might make something small. Is the first one a GTF too? I didn't think they made such loud noises

They will keep you up at night ahahah All of the pics are of GTF's the only other frogs that they even slightly look like are no where near you. Your pretty lucky to see them so close to your house.

Hey your pretty lucky to have green tree frogs in your garden so close to Sydney, as they have become quite rare in the Sydney region over the last 30 years. There are still pockets of populations around the metropolitan area, but more on the outskirts (much the same with green and golden bell frogs). If you want them to hang around offer standing water like buckets or tubs of water with aquatic plants (reeds, etc) as a basic setup, they will use them.

They will keep you up at night ahahah All of the pics are of GTF's the only other frogs that they even slightly look like are no where near you. Your pretty lucky to see them so close to your house.

Got to be lucky hey! i must be extremely lucky to have tons of frogs that hang around. They seem to get into the house some how and on the odd occasion you'll stand on one in the middle of the night and go skidding along the ground with a loud protest to i might add, and its not uncommon to have a shower with a coulple of frogs. We have GTF's and Rocket frogs and a couple a million toads

Got to be lucky hey! i must be extremely lucky to have tons of frogs that hang around. They seem to get into the house some how and on the odd occasion you'll stand on one in the middle of the night and go skidding along the ground with a loud protest to i might add, and its not uncommon to have a shower with a coulple of frogs. We have GTF's and Rocket frogs and a couple a million toads

Yeah its a novelty for us in the south to head north or east of the continent and see GTFs in the 'wild', gardens, bathrooms, and everywhere else as we don't get them (other than finding the occasional escaped pet GTF).

Haha thanks guys yeah I love them especially because I'll walk outside and walk past them like three times the all of a sudden notice them sitting perfectly still.I think the colour on that second one looks pretty amazing too

Yeah its a novelty for us in the south to head north or east of the continent and see GTFs in the 'wild', gardens, bathrooms, and everywhere else as we don't get them (other than finding the occasional escaped pet GTF).
I was at the herp meeting and they were talking about how they are being found further and further down South. I hope they migrate as far down as adelaide.

I was at the herp meeting and they were talking about how they are being found further and further down South. I hope they migrate as far down as adelaide.

The closest they occur to Adelaide is where the Darling river almost meets the Murray in NSW, and also at Arkaroola and Leigh Creek. I have about 9 GTFs from Moomba in northern SA. Other than that they do turn up in suburban Adelaide, I've heard of them from Hope Valley, Brownhill Creek, Glenelg, and was given one from Hackham. Also heard of them from Goolwa too.

I have heard of a few in the Mt Lofty ranges. I am keen to go up north and catch a few one day. Just because you can do that here.

my mates actually rescued 2 from his letterbox in campbelltown sydney. they got into his brick based letterbox and was in there for a week and hey seem they couldnt get out so now they have half a letterbox as they smashed it down to rescue a male and female GTF.

think he got a licence and now he is keeping them at looking after them.

The closest they occur to Adelaide is where the Darling river almost meets the Murray in NSW, and also at Arkaroola and Leigh Creek. I have about 9 GTFs from Moomba in northern SA. Other than that they do turn up in suburban Adelaide, I've heard of them from Hope Valley, Brownhill Creek, Glenelg, and was given one from Hackham. Also heard of them from Goolwa too.

they have done a reserve park near my house in morphett vale and ill say ill give it a year or 2 and there would be frogs living there. also has like a river running throught it also if there isnt already frogs in there.

i tryed looking for some and i couldnt find any but the reserve park has only been finished 3 months ago.

Last edited:

Yeah i suppose i just take it for granted that frogs are here... We pulled up a bore pipe a while ago and much to may amusement, must have been fifty odd come out with the pipe let alone twenty odd plops we heard from frogs falling off the pipe and dropping into the water. Don't know their fate once they're in the water basin without a pipe to climb out on. So, no need for me to keep frogs as pets... Gotta love em, but they make a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back