How do i care for my baby scorpions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Banned
Reaction score
Ok so we got some scorpions a few weeks ago and noticed thismorning that one of them has about 3-6 babys on he back havent look relly good yet but how do i care for these will thay come of there mum and what do i do with them than. should i seperate her as well from the male or what also we will be selling some maby so if interested just pm me

Last edited:
firstly take out any crix that are in there, without disturbin mum too much as she may/can eat them if she feels the need to. what sp are they?
Just make sure the humidity/temps are all correct and dont disturb her too much for the next week, then sometime durang the 2ndish week the bubs should climb off her back

and once they come off seperate them from here and feed them pinhead crickets and what type of scorp is she

Make sure there are no prey items in with her and if she is in with other scorps its an idea to separate them, keep disturbance to a minimum. After anywhere from a few days up to a month they will moult and leave mum and they can then be separated but in some species its not really needed. What species? Cant give much more advice without that info

I would separate them all to be on the safe side, leave bubs with mum til they start venturing out on their own away from mum (usually after a couple of weeks or so). I'm caring for some baby scorplings myself atm, cutest darn things :)

should take approx 1month after birth till they moult, make sure you wait till they leave mum on their own, do not take them from her back. This species is fairly intolerant of others so house all the bubs seperately in a similar setup to mum but humidity ismuch more inportant

fliders are not too fusy when it comes to substrate, i use either pure coco peat or a coco peat/sand mix, keep one end moist, 1 end dry and have a hides at each end, i use 1 long piece of bark. Feed every 2weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back