Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the organisers were sick of stallholders leaving booking until last minute. Although there were other stalls wanting space they left their run too late. Maybe next year they will get their act together . It the tenth SOFAR expo; probably the longest running reptile expo in Australia!

Just heard about the thieves at the expo, wow how brazen some people are. I can only imagine the scene that would have occured had they been caught red handed. Wonder if they have any at home that werent stolen. SCUM!!!!

Fishunter

The reptile demo would normally have been held outside, however no one wanted the extra 6 to 8 stalls you mentioned , so there was enough room to bring it inside this year. And there was still heaps more room still available around the demo area that could have been used as well.
I wasnt taking a swipe at the demo just an observation, i always enjoy watching them :)

I didnt see any GTPs today, am i blind or was one of the most popular aussie pythons not on show. If not how come?

First I will say that I am part of SOFAR.

Less stalls than last year but a much better spread of stock. Last year there were just far to many stalls selling dragons. This year there were not many dragons and so they sold early.

Could probably work on the diversity some more, but you have to take the stall holders that are available. SFOAR rehouses a large number of 'Bannana Box' frogs, so keep your eye on their website of give us a call because we always have frogs looking for homes.

I can also confirm that there were a large number of people who requested stalls, but failed to get everything done to meet the Expo and National parks requirements in time.

Fewer stalls meant that the movement of people around the breeders stalls was much better than last year, and form early reports allowed the stallholders to move a good number of thier stock.

Amazed at the number of people there who did not bring their licence books.

Again there were some bargains at the auction.

Only found a few APS members, (of they found me). A was on auction watch for the first half of the day, and then on the track side of the SOFAR stall for the back half.

Yeah, i picked up a nice little Reptile One enclosure @ auction for a pretty good price. Wish i had more cash.

Some Pics

Sorry guys, a bit busy 'volenteering' to get around and take many photos.

asset.php
AM Pythons

asset.php

asset.php
Mungus

asset.php

asset.php
Random Chick, (compulsory at all Expos and Festivals)

No Photo of me, (you have seen to much of me in the past)
asset.php

Pics aren't showing up Tinky? Or is it just me :(

Haha, Fay posted at the same time !

the thing that had me worried with the snakes for sale was a guy selling wa pygme womas.
thats spelt how he had it btw.

Yea, I saw that too. I was looking at getting a Woma.. Saw this, along with the obvious typo and was a bit put off.
Not to mention seeing "Stimpson" pythons for sale.

The most annoying of all, personally, were all the small children. Parents should keep them on a leash or something. It's kind of frustrating when
you're kind of a bit serious about buying animals only to have clueless parents with their kids swarming around and rudely pushing their way in front of you.

Other than the annoying patrons, I think the organisers did a great job.

Hey it was a good day, but i did notice the less stalls and alot less lizards. Hats off to the sofar crew good day as per usual. If the thieves do get caught send them to my house so i can kick the crappa out of them. But i walked out with a new BHP from snake ranch so i was happy at the end of the day.
Cheers Dayle

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the day, found it hard to get a look at the exhibits early on but went back after the auction and there were alot less people. Didn`t buy anything but came close to winning the MD at the auction.
As for the children getting in the way, give them a break, maybe they go home and tell Mum and Dad they want a snake and next year they come armed with a licence and a pocket full of cash.
Well done sofar!

Pardon my ignorance, but what does SOFAR stand for?
Sofar I can't figure it out : /

Dam, Snakes offal frogs and retards wasn't even close : )

Thnx Saximus.

Well done sofar. Good day and it was well spread out. Saw a few familiar faces and ordered a pair of RSP's. I thought it was great to see kids there getting excited by snakes instead of being told the only good snake is a dead snake.

A little off topic but .....I can stand instead of Jasons comments on the Pygmy Woma's at the castlehill show as i was standing next too him as said seller told us they were boodarie woma's...... and was very adimit about the fact when questioned again ??? so i can't see why you argue the fact there bigguy ????

The most annoying of all, personally, were all the small children. Parents should keep them on a leash or something. It's kind of frustrating when
you're kind of a bit serious about buying animals only to have clueless parents with their kids swarming around and rudely pushing their way in front of you.

Wow, are you serious...
Maybe you should stay home next time then. They are children, get over it...
Most adults are more rude and annoying than any child. Unless the kids were screaming and throwing tantrums, then stop whining :)

I might make it next year :)

Well done sofar. Good day and it was well spread out. Saw a few familiar faces and ordered a pair of RSP's. I thought it was great to see kids there getting excited by snakes instead of being told the only good snake is a dead snake.

Nice mate who did you order your RSP's off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back