Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice mate who did you order your RSP's off?

Wokka. He wants to get a few more feeds in to them before I get them. Although to convince the wife I had to agree to take her out for dinner. It was an exspensive day

I had a great day and met heaps of new faces and moved a heap of reptiles.
Sofar organisers need a pat on the back for their efforts - well done.
One sour note........I too had a jungle go missing from the table.
I offered a reward [ if anyone could locate the culprit, return him to me, they could keep the snake ]
Unfortunately he/she got away with it.
I'll be more careful next year.
Aleks.

Wow, are you serious...
Maybe you should stay home next time then. They are children, get over it...
Most adults are more rude and annoying than any child. Unless the kids were screaming and throwing tantrums, then stop whining :)

I might make it next year :)

Yes, I'm serious. The adults are often just as pushy and annoying as the children. It's amusing seeing the impulse buying of parents who then turn around and ask ridiculously stupid husbandry questions.

If I had known that 'pygmy' woma was a Boodarie Woma, I may have purchased one. Given the misleading naming, however, I decided not to.

Jason

You had a crack at my Womas after the last expo, stating I was misleading people because your Boodaries where much bigger. You were told by Dave McIntosh that mine are INDEED NOT Boodaries as you keep claiming, and are infact a smaller pygmy race found around Port Headland that rarely exceed 90cm and 500 to 600 grams.

I have been breeding reptiles longer then you have been alive. I have an impecable name in this business and do not need to mislead people as you keep suggesting. Just because you have 1 form of Womas from WA does not make you an expert on the other forms. Check with Dave McIntosh again and get your facts right. Till them keep your opinions to yourself. Oh, by the way if anyone reading this would also like to check with Dave in WA you will see Jason has no basis for his slanderous comments

I really dont want to buy into this situation and I've never seen these womas as I dont go to reptile expos.. but Bob Withey (bigguy) has been around longer than most of us and is one of he most experienced reptile keepers/breeders around.. If Bob says they are a different locality form of woma then personally I would take him at his word.. and whether they were labelled "pygmy or pygmie" (spelling) has nothing to do with the quality of the animals..

Try again

101_0752.jpg101_0757.jpg101_0754.jpg101_0756.jpg101_0758.jpg

One other thing that was noticiable. Not having displays and stall holders on the east and west end of the clum, meant that we could have the doors open. None of the gridlock and press of the sweaty masses from last year.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Will make sure that it gets back to Tammy and the other SOFAR Expo organisers.

Cheers

i bought an tiny adder off bob about six years ago, and he correctly predicted it would be a giant...

and for fans of alternate realities, imagine this hobby if npws hadnt stolen his gtps way back before half the people on this site were born.

As for the Sofar expo, well done to the organisors. It was not a bad day. Only one thing did spoil the show. A theif was lerking. I had a Woma stolen from our table, a pair of geckoes, a diamiond and a carpet, as well as a young lasses Iphone were stolen from other tables. They were lucky they were not caught, but these lowlife are starting to ruin these shows. Quite a few also were taken from the last Castlehill Expo as well It has to stop.

Totally agree Bob, I was there selling animals at the cery first expo we were allowed to and had a jungle ($500 worth back then) stolen and I am sure there were others. First thing Monday morning I went in serach of someone to build the perspex display cabinet I have now, haven't had an animal stolen since. I think it is up to the individual to house their animals in a way in which it makes theft near impossible, therefore making it harder for the loq life scum that come to steal animals. I would serioulsy pitty a thief if he got caught there, I am sure an ambulance would be needed. :D

And as with most expos, there are always those that wanted to see more. The only way that is going to happen is for more people to support these shows, the more storeholders the more animals to see. But if people aren't buying much, then there is less chance of sellers coming back. Becomes a bit of a catch 22 I suppose. I only missed selling there this year due to personal reasons, but still managed to get along to the show and catch up with a heap of people. I thought the numbers of sellers was lower than normal, but all in all seemed a great day and a big congrats to SOFAR for putting on another great show. I will be back next year selling animals for sure.

Cheers
Daz:D

Last edited:
Had a great time! Came home with a Female woma, pair of stimsons and a pigme (lol) beardy for my gf. Won a $100 voucher for all things slimy so my gf had fun spending that on stuff for her new beardy. I also found it interesting that someone was selling a jungle as a het... Cross?
Lots of great people made it a great day!

Last edited:
Breeders will have to learn from having stolen reptiles -

every expo i have been to i have seen or heard of reptiles or products been stolen at the last wild expo at staff member asked me to grab and hold a bloke who knocked off several globes ( a bag full ) only to get the stock back and let him go but he was still allowed to stay in the venue after this thieft.

at the recent castle hill show i know some were stolen as the breeder realised when talking to us, stimsons pythons.

to pitty i couldnt make sofar

I had a great day and met heaps of new faces and moved a heap of reptiles.
Sofar organisers need a pat on the back for their efforts - well done.
One sour note........I too had a jungle go missing from the table.
I offered a reward [ if anyone could locate the culprit, return him to me, they could keep the snake ]
Unfortunately he/she got away with it.
I'll be more careful next year.
Aleks.

Hey Aleks

Was good to meet you yesterday, bummer about the thieving toerag!! You had some very nice animals at superb prices, so not surprised you moved them. The baby settled in well, just need a girly for him now...:)

Lee

More room yesterday, because it was not a Beardie convention, like last year...:) More room to move, cooler with all the doors open, and in my oppinion very good quality animals....Well done SOFAR, always enjoy it..

Last edited:
Thanks Lee,
We finally caught up after all those intergrade chats lol
I enjoyed our chat yesterday.
I'll know more about a female in a week or 2.
Talk soon.

Dang. Wish i had been there, anyone know when the next one will be? like not just there, pretty much anywhere in Australia?

pm me please?

As for the Sofar expo, well done to the organisors. It was not a bad day. Only one thing did spoil the show. A theif was lerking. I had a Woma stolen from our table, a pair of geckoes, a diamiond and a carpet, as well as a young lasses Iphone were stolen from other tables. They were lucky they were not caught, but these lowlife are starting to ruin these shows. Quite a few also were taken from the last Castlehill Expo as well It has to stop.

This is the sad side of the hobby and gutless to say the least. That said, I think the nature of how many people have their animals displayed lends particular stalls to be more at risk. It does have to be stopped and stallholders will become more vigilant in future I'd think.

The expo was very well organised. There was a great number of animals available and some knowledgeable people about too. Again I'll whinge (but nicely) because there wasn't many monitors but that didn't let the show down at all....I've just got an addiction ;-)

Also, I'm one of the people with "annoying young kids" (making NO excuses about it for the whingers) and enjoyed having the demo pit inside out of the sun. Kids had a good time watching the show and checking out everything else that went on.

Well done SOFAR

Well done to SOFAR indeed!

I am a relatively new member to the sofar community and its always easy to sit back and comment but after seeing all the work these guys put in to keeping the expo running, full credit to the team!

Its fantastic to see all the positive comments on here as I too had a great day. Cant beat checking out beautiful reptiles and volunteering through sofar was a great way to meet new people and put some faces to names I had seen around,I am even more excited to be apart of this group now and can't wait to help out at next years expo.

Samson,

As far as i know the Het Spotties did not sell as no decent offers were made.

i want a expo here in brissy or ipswich!!! i have never been and am awaiting to go and get some picks and just have a look think ill leave the missus and kids at home i will be there a while

Our Scales & Tails Reptile Festival will always be the 2nd Saturday in November. This year, that's going to be Saturday 12th November. Always a great day with fabulous guest speakers and great live entertainment by Neil Duddy and Phil Emmanuel.
Hopefully, we'll see you there.
cheers
Joy

To hear about ppl stealing stock is putrid to say in the least considering all the vendors and Sofar ppl were incredibly nice and helpful. :(

Simon, I think I stole your Woma!.......:)
sorry, bad joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back