Greedy little RSP's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spilota_variegata

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Took a pic of a couple of my juvie RSP's today. Just stepped them up to pinky rats from fuzzy mice. Greedy little buggers - the second pinky was at least 4 times the width of the snakes neck - and he swallowed it in less than 5 minutes. It left quite a sizable bump in its stomach.

I've never seen snakes strike at their food with such enthusiasm as RSP's. I must admit that it takes a little more patience to get some of them feeding as some other breeds of snake but the patience is worth it :)

Attachments

• rsp_1.jpg
    rsp_1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 166
  • rsp_2.jpg
    rsp_2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 170
From what a few people have told me that RSP can be difficult feeders,it doesnt look like that in ur case.I think Roughies are a addorable python,defiantly something different compared to the others.These are the little ones you breed.

Took a pic of a couple of my juvie RSP's today. Just stepped them up to pinky rats from fuzzy mice. Greedy little buggers - the second pinky was at least 4 times the width of the snakes neck - and he swallowed it in less than 5 minutes. It left quite a sizable bump in its stomach.

I've never seen snakes strike at their food with such enthusiasm as RSP's. I must admit that it takes a little more patience to get some of them feeding as some other breeds of snake but the patience is worth it :)

Beaut little roughies you have there. Mine seem to be the exact opposite of yours, i have never seen either of mine strike, they just nuzzle he prey then slowly open their mouth and take it. Mine are great feeders now they have started, once they get going they seem fine

I must admit it took a little longer to get some of them eating. Nothing a couple of glasses of wine, relaxing music and time couldn't fix. Once they get eating though, they're as easy as any other snake.

From what a few people have told me that RSP can be difficult feeders,it doesnt look like that in ur case.I think Roughies are a addorable python,defiantly something different compared to the others.These are the little ones you breed.

any for sale?

I'll have for sale in a while. I'll always make sure they've had about 10 feeds, a couple of sheds and have been sexed first. The last thing I want is to sell a difficult snake to somebody. I know I've bought difficult snakes before and it is REALLY frustrating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back