Pictures of your murray python enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

Reaction score
sooo, I'm wanting to build a suitable cage for my murray darling python, but first, i want some ideas on how big, and the deco you use, could you please post some pictures of your Murray's "Crib" ?
thanks you in advance, Harrison. :)

Anyone?

Last edited:
Mate just look for any python enclosures on here. They don't have any specific requirements over the other Morelias

I have some pics which can be accessed via my profile. This is an intermediate enxlsoure until my MD si larger

sooo, I'm wanting to build a suitable cage for my murray darling python, but first, i want some ideas on how big, and the deco you use, could you please post some pictures of your Murray's "Crib" ?
thanks you in advance, Harrison. :)

Anyone?
How big is murray darling you are looking to put in it?
we have 3 murray darlings rangin from 5.5 ft- 7.5ftish.

i will take some pics of their enclosures for you when i get home they are very basic built with MDF and some tree branches that we have used for them to bask and sit on, with plastic garden pots that are just the right sizr for them to curl up inside and hide/sleep in when they feel the need.

but i will post some pics for you if you like

cheers

sammie :)

I have just finished my MDs new home....it is 4ftx4ft which is a personal choice to make it that big.... he loves it... Check out the pics

1000.jpg1003.jpg1001.jpg999.jpg

An ideal enclosure would reflect the dry, rocky outcrops and woodlands they typically inhabit. A back wall replicating a river cliff, some gum tree branches, and leaves and bark as a substrate would be a good reflection of their habitat. Plants that mimic reeds and rushes placed by the water bowl/feature would further enhance this.
Its all very ideal, thats what I will be doing when I go all out on cage designs for my murrays.

here's one for a carpet python

Frananddogsenhanced-21.jpg

I have just finished my MDs new home....it is 4ftx4ft which is a personal choice to make it that big.... he loves it... Check out the pics

that is nice- what is the third dimension? 4x 4x ?

I thinks its 4ft x 4ft x 1.5ft...... We went to Bunnings and got the melamine from there.... I am not too sure of the exact measurements but these would be pretty close....

keep them coming, i think that they are really really cool. and mine is only about 80 cm but im wondering if i can make an enclosure that would sustain it through out its life but, im not sure if thats possible as she may stress?

Yeah you could put it in something now that's big enough for it when it's fully grown. They don't get as big as other carpets so it won't need a huge enclosure

They look much better in real life, have yet to get better pictures. Next time Berry will use a tripod with a long exposure and some other tricks, it is so difficult to photograph these enclosures well.

DSC_0201.jpg this is my girl's enclosure, she is a yearling and around 70cm so this is a intermediate enclosure till she out grows it and will then move into a full sized enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back