Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wanting to say Hi from Groote. I have finally acquired my first couple snakes and others since living on Groote Eylandt for the past 3 years and since keeping various Snakes and other exciting animals in South Africa.

I am lucky enough to own an Olive Python Yearling and a beautiful Jungle Carpet Python which I bought not very long ago. I also got a Blue Tongue and a baby Bearded Dragon for my other half who is new to keeping reptiles. I must admit, its a new experience keeping lizards and skinks, but Im looking forward to it.

Im hoping to learn a bit off the forums and from the experiences of others and in time come to offer my own experiences (never offer your finger to a hungry Olive Python) and tips to those new to snake keeping.

All the best

S

G'day Sniper. I live in Oenpelli, good to have another remote territorian on the forums.

First question, how do you get a steady supply of feed for your animals?

Lovely place Groote....I was there just a few weeks ago training some of the staff in snake catching.........it was an awesome place....next time a little fishing too I hope!

Hello S , im just across the water in Gove, sick of all this rain or what. Like waruikazi suggested its a pain in the butt getting food

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome wishes. It is an interesting dilema getting feed here, but I found a neat place (Pets Village) in Darwin that I asked and they were happy to deliver a sealer cool box full of rats to the plane that gets flown here and I collect it from there. I was very impressed with the service and knowledge of the girls there.

Hi Chilli, the rain has become a rather large annoyance here too, particularly for the Mining Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back