Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
Whats the smallest python that is bigger than Anteresias species and on average how big do they grow. Also with the new DECCW dimensions regulations that will be comming within a few years what size enclosure will be the minimum measurements.Cheers for all your help

Smaller types of Womas are a good suggestion, also some locality types of jungle pythons, Black Headed Pythons. Green Tree Pythons and Rough Scaled Pythons are fairly big small pyhons too. You can also get 1.5m spotted pythons.

Smaller types of Womas are a good suggestion, also some locality types of jungle pythons, Black Headed Pythons. Green Tree Pythons and Rough Scaled Pythons are fairly big small pyhons too. You can also get 1.5m spotted pythons.

I no it comes down to temperament of the snake but which ones are less snappy and will make a beter snake.People say Coastals are good and Jungles are snappy but mine is the other way round snappy crazy Coastal and placid Jungle and whats the price range for them start at on average

woma, jungle carpet, inland carpet, northern carpet, green tree python

Whats the smallest python that is bigger than Anteresias species and on average how big do they grow.

Green Trees. I don't know what the minimum enclosure size is now.

woma, jungle carpet, inland carpet, northern carpet, green tree python

thanks guys but whats the average size these types of snakes can grow cheers Hus

What are the smaller locality types of BHP and Womas? what approx. size does each of these get to?

Im confused about how people are recomending bhps as a small python?

Whats the smallest form of bhp?

As for small snakes I would go either a woma or smaller line of jungle depending on what your after,

If you have a bit more cash, greens dont grow big at all

Ben

Scorps, im pretty sure some type/s from WA stay pretty small, not sure on the details though.

Isn't there some form of carpet from the islands off South Australia that tends to grow to a small size? A form of imbricata?

Yeah, im not aware of them being in captive collections, would be awesome if someone got them going in captivity.

I have a 2 yr old Bhp thats pushing 6 ft and seen them an easy 8 ft at Melbourne zoo, I wouldnt say a black head is a small snake.
I have head tell of 10 ft monsters aswell.

small pythons that aren't antresia are
Some womas 1.5-2 meters
Jungles on average only get 1.8 meters.
Thats about it everything else gets about 2 meters on average.
That said 2 meters isn't that big when compared to a scribble or olive.

wa and pilbara are the smallest locality of womas that i know of could be wrong but around 1.5 to 2 m.SA womas being largest.

I have a 2 yr old Bhp thats pushing 6 ft and seen them an easy 8 ft at Melbourne zoo, I wouldnt say a black head is a small snake.
I have head tell of 10 ft monsters aswell.

I never said larger types of BHPs are small snakes, only smaller types are smaller.

If you find a good breeder of Tully Jungles they reach about 1.2metres
Absolutely beautiful snakes too
Athertons are the largest jungles getting close to carpet size ie, over 3metres
Palmerstons are brighter than Athertons but also can get up to 2 metres
Jullatin black and whites are also usually only a smaller type at about 1.5metres for a pretty big one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back