Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Brodak, you go ahead with what you think is best.I've seen one bredli turn on another after feeding time with my own eyes which was
enough evidence for me

Hmm feeding involved. I mentioned that ;). Feed separately and allow a "cool down period". Not a problem.

Show me one example, proven not hear say, of two or more snakes being kept together or 15 years + and maybe I'll consider it can be done.

Somebody has done it please post? I'm certain it has been.

Snakes are not social animals they do occur in pairs or trios or in any number greater than one in the wild outside of breeding season.

You will actually find they do occur in the wild in close proximity at times. Yes, its rare, but it does happen

If you want evidence google snake eats snake.
Add pet as a prefix and you we get even more examples it happens more often than not.
happens more often that not? More keepers on this forum keep together than there are pictures of "snake eats snake" in herp help ;)

Or it would be written in some literature the it was safe?
Keeping and breeding australian pythons, edited by mike swan. I think I saw it mentioned in there. Might have the wrong book. Let me know if I do

This is a new trend started by cheapskates or out of sheer laziness.
Not at all a new trend. Been occurring for a long time. Saves money, yes. Laziness? They still **** if they are housed together :D

Last edited:
Yes it is one of those annoying things that snakes must be fed.

When did I say don't feed? Read my post, you're not making sense
Like i said, go ahead with what you think is fine. I wish you ongoing luck.

I will, and thankyou for your well wishes. I hope to maintain my happy and healthy collection.

It is mentioned in keeping and breeding, it's advised against, to lazy to build an enclosure and the practice is little over 10 years old where the hobby is 40 years + old.
I'm done with you don't expect sympathy when it all goes pear shaped.

Not A fan of keeping together either but this post is rubbish and there are experienced keepers out there who successfully keep there animals in pairs or trios for years without a single incident occurring
There is evidence proveing my point on this very thread , and we all know live feeding is risky even though snakes have evolved to kill their prey.
If you can prove to me that keeping two snakes in the same enclosure is any more of an acceptable risk than live feeding I'll get your name tattooed on my face!
Why is It okay to practice one risky behavior and not the other?
The only two reasons to keep snakes together long term is because you have the money or space for two enclosures, neither of which is an acceptable reason to risk your animals life.
You cannot in anyway justify the practice, it's lazy, irresponsible and IMO shows a profound lack of care for your animal.
People who do it disgust me.

Haven't**

It is mentioned in keeping and breeding, it's advised against, to lazy to build an enclosure and the practice is little over 10 years old where the hobby is 40 years + old.
I'm done with you don't expect sympathy when it all goes pear shaped.

HAHA this post made me laugh out loud. Especially the I'm done with you( must be heart breaking for you brodak_moment). I am of the opinion that it is up to the keeper to house as they wish, if it does go pear shaped it is their loss, as i really dont seeing it being a major issue

If your a vet or studying to be a vet let me know where, so I can avoid ever going there as you clear dont see the animal for what it is a living organisum.
I wouldn't take my snakes to any vet that doesnt care about the animals welfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back