whats a good way to raise humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
i live in a pretty cold dry area and was lookin for tips on how to keep the levels a bit higher. Any help would be much appreciated.

Daily misting with one of those spray bottles is generally how people do it. Or a large water bowl near the heat source

Daily misting is great, also, you could use fine kritter's crumble or mossy substrate - these will hold it better than newspaper etc

What type of reptile are you keeping? In most cases you need not worry about adding humidity to an enclosure,but if it is really a concern add an extra water bowl near the heat source.

im keeping two Carpet pythons. I just worry when it comes shed time and humidity may be a little low, but to be honnest the misting sounds like the go

warm/hot water in your spray bottle. Dont mist with cold water.

im keeping two Carpet pythons. I just worry when it comes shed time and humidity may be a little low, but to be honnest the misting sounds like the go
what state are u in ? whats the humidity at without misting or doing anything ?

im in nsw and the humidity is pretty low near bathurst.

You might want to get a cheap hygrometer and see what you get on average. Unless it's really low you'll find they won't really need it. In the wild they don't have someone to mist them :)

Pharskie, humidity has actually been quite high in Bathurst recently, I'd wait and see how they shed without misting first.
Misting is really not something you need to do regularly unless your snakes are already having shedding issues, are they having shedding issues?

My female who usually sheds in one piece, had her first difficult shed just this week. I had to put her in a warm, wet pillow case after day 3 just so she could finnish the last quarter of her body.

My female who usually sheds in one piece, had her first difficult shed just this week. I had to put her in a warm, wet pillow case after day 3 just so she could finnish the last quarter of her body.
Okay mate, fair enough. Sometimes it can just happen, the slough get's broken during shedding , and sometimes it can be humidity related. It is good that you helped shnake out anyway.

Another water container does the job, move it closer to or further from the light to raise or lower humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back