Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did keep an adult male Heathie Deano. Was a great animal - lots of character and a great feeder. I would've loved a pair to become available back when I was keeping a lot of animals. Have you had any breeding success?

Simon I've had my male for a while and only had the female for about 6 mths both are aduts size. The female looks a bit fatter and has been digging a fair bit in the last few weeks so fingers crossed that they produce something. What locale did you have?
Cheers Deano

Dean I had an animal originally from the greater Sydney region. Good luck with the breeding!!! Such a great species to keep.

Yes I'm surprised more people don't keep rosenbergi, they are quite common in the wild around my area and don't get too big making them more suitable for captivity than some more commonly kept species.

So my big question today would be does anyone know if any of Gavin Bedford's Varanus glebopalma are still in private hands and being bred? I was kicking myself when I couldn't afford these at the time.

From memory, weren't these at one point being kept by Brodie Wilson prior to him being done by NPWS in NT, whatever they are up there??

From memory, weren't these at one point being kept by Brodie Wilson prior to him being done by NPWS in NT, whatever they are up there??

Yeah mate Brodie did keep these for a time. By his account they were skittish and really appreciated the hide areas given to them. Fed reasonably well but at that stage had not settled down enough to be considered a good group to have on display.

if we could keep some of these species in victoria,id jump at the chance,another species not mentioned is desert sandys,gouldi flavirufus,i have 2 adult male alice springs males,but have had zero luck finding females for them,id give my left nacker to aquire one,lol
best ive got is gouldi/flavie crosses,so the search continues,if anyone knows of anything,id dearly love to aquire 1 or some

Hi Richard,
I've got Alice Springs Gouldii Flavirufus adult pair that laid 17 eggs late last year that are cooking still due too hatch very soon I've sent you a PM as well.
Cheers Deano

Hi Richard,
I've got Alice Springs Gouldii Flavirufus adult pair that laid 17 eggs late last year that are cooking still due too hatch very soon I've sent you a PM as well.
Cheers Deano
17 eggs, wow.
i've gota pair of townsville sandies and just sold a 2nd pair, (goulsii gouldii)
and pilbra ackies.
looking to get something else soon, V. semiremex would be awsom..

i wouldnt say its to feeble,we still have a decent range we can keep,add in sub species of said species and area forms,theres still some im yet to keep and hope to oneday,but would be good if they added some more,they were thinking of panoptes,heaths,brevis,spotted trees and mitchels with the last lot of added species,but unfortunatly didnt add them,i dont get why not,but i guess hopefully they are added some day

as mentioned in another thread we have a limited time (about a week) to get in our proposed schedule amendment submissions to hopefully get species added to the vic license. the more people that put in submissions the more likely they are to take it seriously. apparently last time they didnt add those monitors mentioned because no one put in submissions.

both were/are fairly common in the Indonesian herp trade (most likely wild caught specimens from PNG)

here i hardly hear anything on em, but for good reason, not one for the beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back