Sexing boyd

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redlittlejim

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am purchasing a few boyds very soon and was wondering the best way to sex them. I am fully set up and no how to tell the difference visually but was wondering if there is a guaranteed way to sex them!! I know you can sex them visually just after a different way, like with beardies. Cheers Jared

so no one knows how to sex them? was also wondering if anyone had a good idea for feeding a large group. i recently updated my licence and am going to have a few boyds in a large enclosure outside and i dont want to have to pull them out individually to feed... but i dont want a dominate one taking all the food if i put the woodies in... any ideas?

Last edited:
Where you are there are a number of people who keep them.
sexing can be done by candleing them from the side, but if there 18 months plus i would pop them Carefully if you are still unsure.
As there is alot of keepers up your way who keep them you may be able to see there adult colection and they will show you how to sex them visualy but you already know how to do that. this is the most humane way.

What exactly is candleing? And could you perhaps tell me the name of a couple up here who breed them so I can contact them? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back