Need some help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

will.harris88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey just got a question....my lil Stimson a few months old...it looks like a few of his scales underneath him are looking loose....does this mean he's gunna shed soon?....he's my 1st snake so I'm still learning

Hi :)

If he is going into a shed his skin will become very dual and his eyes will do a bluey/milky colour then back to normal for a few days then he should shed :)
and don't forget to post pics for peoples :)

A snake that is coming up to shed will be a lot darker and duller than usual. You may notice that their skin appears to be loose when they're coming up to the actual shed.

For example I added some old pics of my coastal. In the first photo he is very dull, dark and appears to have loose skin. The second photo is just days later, when he completed his shed.

Attachments

• P8150009 (2).jpg
    P8150009 (2).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 71
  • P8240001.jpg
    P8240001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 60
kool thanks for that...i will just see what happens and get back to y all with wateva happens

A successful 1st shed since I've had him yay....I didn't realize how dark he really got.....I'm still waiting to receive my 1st bite....he hasn't tried to strike at me at all or shown any sign of being angry...kinda want to get it out of the way haha

A successful 1st shed since I've had him yay....I didn't realize how dark he really got.....I'm still waiting to receive my 1st bite....he hasn't tried to strike at me at all or shown any sign of being angry...kinda want to get it out of the way haha

I had my first tag from my little woma this morning - went to change his water and must have startled him from his sleep. Doesn't hurt and my friends at uni couldn't understand why I was so excited about it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back