Red Scolopendra Morsitans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is probably my faveourite pede.
an absolute stunner !!!

SDC19155.jpg

SDC19150.jpg

SDC19149.jpg

i get asked all the time why keep snakes ??? but now im asking that same thing why keep pedes

haha thanks guys,
they eat crickets, and yes small children if your that cruel :O

That is so cool, I'm gonna have to pick your brain about them now, you brought this on yourself lol.

Do you need a license to keep one and how hard are they to maintain and obtain?

being in Vic sarah we dont find these here, (only common cormocephalus species)
i buy most of mine :).

@pinoy : glad to hear you like them :D, dont need any licence to keep inverts. what state are you in?, pedes are everywhere in bushlands if you know where to look :), rocks,bark etc. They are fast so be prepared, quite simple to keep, cocopeat+ sand mix, make sure the container is escape proof, feed them crickets twice a week, easy :)
id doubt you will find any the colours ive been posting yet (morsitans), but you should find some other nice pedes! - tiger rubripes for example, BIG pedes which are comming in qld

I'm in Sydney and wouldn't know where to start to collect some?
Can you buy them anywhere?

^^Second that^, would love to see it!

a few petshops sell rubripes (will post pics of them now :p )
but they usually want a high price, go to your local bushland mate, bound to find some cormocephalus

being in Vic sarah we dont find these here, (only common cormocephalus species)
i buy most of mine :).

@pinoy : glad to hear you like them :D, dont need any licence to keep inverts. what state are you in?, pedes are everywhere in bushlands if you know where to look :), rocks,bark etc. They are fast so be prepared, quite simple to keep, cocopeat+ sand mix, make sure the container is escape proof, feed them crickets twice a week, easy :)
id doubt you will find any the colours ive been posting yet (morsitans), but you should find some other nice pedes! - tiger rubripes for example, BIG pedes which are comming in qld

If you ever want me 2 hook you up with some W/C pedes, give me a yell. I step outside in sydney and they are everywhere. Might catch some for myself if its legal next time I'm up there anyway.

Will

If you ever want me 2 hook you up with some W/C pedes, give me a yell. I step outside in sydney and they are everywhere. Might catch some for myself if its legal next time I'm up there anyway.

Will

itd be great if you could grab some pics of the ones you find will :)

I'm in Sydney and wouldn't know where to start to collect some?
Can you buy them anywhere?
Blue mountains! i got afew from there, n some other nice looking smaller types of pedes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back