Chainsaws Are Dangerous People!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cutting through a stump with the 66 when the chain broke and hit me in the neck
if it makes any sence we were ripping down the stump not cutting across it

Last edited:
to be honest im not sure what hit me i doubt it was the long length of chain more than likely a small piece came off or a piece of wood, the cut wasnt bad at all but the bruise to my chest and collarbone was a winner
i prefer to use a roller tip bar but that day we didnt have one on and the chain cant be tentioned as tight i think that plus a bit of streach a new chain gets when it heats up left it too sloppy

Oregon bars n stihl chain all i use. Saws are a dangerous tool and there are a few details everyone should be taught about before even picking one up. Its a wonder people aint required to have a license to purchase one.

the most dangerous saw i have is my 200T climbing saw
its also the smallest

Everything is more dangerous when ya 20ft+ up there. Put a guy up a tree once, no lifeline gat attacked by bees fell 15m and had to call the rescue chopper poor bas###d copped bout 600 stings almost died.

ah well at least i got a good laugh out of it

the tiny 200T has a combination of features that make it more dangerous compared to the larger saws the RPM's the thing puts out means when it kicks it kicks hard, the design allows you to use it comfortably one handed and you tend to forget just how dangerous it can be

a big heavy loud saw like the 066 is usually used with alot more caution

my mates grandad(he lives with his grandparents) has an 84cc chainsaw........man that thing is huge, so having held that(NOT ON) i know the sort of weight that you are dealing with, that + a sharp blade its a wonder you didnt do more damage

That is good to know. I have been planning on getting work to get one of the smaller ones. The bigger ones (mine is a tad larger than the one I use at the office) pretty much demand solid two handed operation. I have a mental note to myself to remember you pictures every time I go to start a chain saw.

ah well at least i got a good laugh out of it

the tiny 200T has a combination of features that make it more dangerous compared to the larger saws the RPM's the thing puts out means when it kicks it kicks hard, the design allows you to use it comfortably one handed and you tend to forget just how dangerous it can be

a big heavy loud saw like the 066 is usually used with alot more caution

Out on the olds property we had an old homlite which 113cc running through a reduction gearbox with a 7 foot bar, which was used for ripping timber slabs on a jig, kinda glad it doesn't work anymore. I believe it was origanally used when Fraser Island was being logged.

What is this!! You still have your arm!!!
haha JKS, looks pretty painful and bloody

Will

Out on the olds property we had an old homlite which 113cc running through a reduction gearbox with a 7 foot bar, which was used for ripping timber slabs on a jig, kinda glad it doesn't work anymore. I believe it was origanally used when Fraser Island was being logged.

My God!!!, how many lives did that monster claim haha.

what made you do it bigfella?

Mate, just daydreaming while working. I tell ya its a harsh way to find out everyone you work with goes to pieces and faints at the site of blood. I was almost passed out on the ground blood pi##ing everywhere instructing people how to dress the wound and organising my own evac.

Last edited:
haha, Its funny how everyone turns to jelly, and the victim is like "calm down, i need to go to hospital!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back