Are You Serious!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also if you were going to take a picture wouldn't you want the crap to be out of the shot. Or put forward the idea that your animals are housed in a clean environment.

You would think that would make more sense. They've done themselves no favours when selling these animals.

when i picked up a very neglected diamond a few years ago her cage had inches of multicoloured urates which were covering some really really old poo,..since i knew she hadnt been fed in 18 months and there was still brown nugs i could saftely assume her enclosoure hadnt been cleaned in 2 years or so,...

i clean enclsoures as soon as i see a mess.

but ur right, at the very least when taking pics to advertise an animal for sale crop out the crap!!!

i clean it as soon as i see it in the tank witch would not be long after as when i feed my snakes i check them alot so i can clean it out and keep it clean when their go

when i picked up a very neglected diamond a few years ago her cage had inches of multicoloured urates which were covering some really really old poo,..since i knew she hadnt been fed in 18 months and there was still brown nugs i could saftely assume her enclosoure hadnt been cleaned in 2 years or so,...

That's soooo sad, makes me livid when animals are not treated with compassion they deserve.

shes all good now, has a large indoor enclosure (spotless ofcourse) and a 2x2x2metre section of aviary.
i like to think im making up for her previous life. :p

As soon as I clean their cage, they leave a present for me again.
I don't think they like all their smell gone.

But I do agree, if you are going to put up pics of your animals whether they are for sale or not, they should be in the cleanest conditions.

i spot clean everyday if i have to and how much it acceptable, the mount that they poop between cleans

Thanks again for the replies peoples,..

Dossy I think your asking how much is an acceptable amount of poop between cleans,...I'd say zero you see it you clean it.

Obviously the person who is selling the snakes has seen this thread and removed the pictures. Why not try and respond to the topic we have brough up regarding the conditions your snakes are living in?! A lot of people saw the pictures before you removed them anyway!

Some people call leaving the poo in the enclosure as "environmental enrichment" but they also say sometimes to create some more environmental enrichment is to place one snakes poo into another enclosure to "stimulate" the other snakes senses...

I tend to spot clean every 2nd day as required.

Also if I was to sell an animal, I'd make sure to clean the tub/enclosure its in before taking photos.

okies well im first to admit that one of those adds were mine.... and it was 2 of the photo's in question one was a bredli where the photo was takin before the snake was removed and the enclosure cleaned as this animal in particular gets stressed after removing from its home and there is not a great deal of chance getting a good picture after its clean and its back in there, yes didnt look the best but hey i have a rather large collection and a limited amount of time these days hence why i am selling a fair few of them off.... My animals enclosures get cleaned regularly i assure you buuuut when your talking the amount i have and the new amount of work i have now takin on (new baby on the way and partner is slowing down work wise so im now taking on more work to compensate) you may realize the corner i have been backed into....

All my animals are very well taking care of and enclosures cleaned regularly but im at a stage where i need to move a few on to free up some time, so before i get totally cruisified there is my defence.....

plus after reading a few more posts, i only just stumbled onto this thread and the pics were removed after being up for about 15 because i agree they didnt look the best as i have already said, but about 5 people were rushing me for pics so i wanted to get them up as soon as possible....

i have been keeping reps for over 7 years now and you ask anyone thats dealt with me (either buying or selling) they will tell you i am a very good keeper and have never had any heath issues in the past, so not being nasty but if you all want to judge me on 2 photo's go ahead, i have busted my bum in the last 3-4 months to try and keep my entire collection going but i understand im fighting a loosing battle, which to be honest is very upsetting to me personally i have raised majority of these animals from hatchies and to have to see them go is not very nice but its decision i unfortunetly i have to come to, so yeah before someone gets cruicified have a think that cercumstances may not be playing in there favour at certain times

that is all

Last edited:
Hey there SC,

Well it takes guts to do what you have just done and admit to the thread and give your side of the story and for that I can only say that takes some doing.

But!! Sorry there's a but here,....the amount of crap in the viv with the GTP was disgusting dude....at least 5 stools makes for a very very long time between cleaning not like as you say you do. Possibly you could have made the decision to downsize a while ago?

Im sorry if this thread has turned sales away or slowed them down but I felt compelled to bring it up in a general forum for others to express how they do things.

All the best on your impending family

Well I give you a thumbs up for commenting snakecharma! Not everyone would do that, especially without guns a blazing. It's a shame when people do end up with such a large quantity that when life gets in the way they get pushed aside. Good on you for admitting this and trying to find them new homes.

I also commented on the disgust in them pics Smithers and got told 'To get off my high horse'???

The stools left in one particular vivarium had mould growing on it, it had been left their that long.

I don't know if anyone has tried this before, but straight after they drop it, the smell is so strong
that if you stick your head in their vivariums, it actually stings your eyes. So imagine how the poor
animal feels.

Sorry snakecharma, but there is no excuse. I work long hours, have a family to support, have a
large collection plus other hobbies and I still have the time to keep my enclosures/snakes spotless.
If you clean it as soon as it happens, than you'll find that it won't get out of control.

I certainly don't see them snakes getting sold too soon.

hey there im the first to admit it was mine and as you can now see by my reply there is a reason.... but the GTP pics you are refering to are actually an experiment in Viv ecosystem gone abit wrong, i read an article and researched further on this subject awhile back where you create a working ecosystem in your GTP viv, where layering a few different types of substrate can produce almost a self composting substrate that hardly needs to be cleaned out and replaced. After a few months of testing i either set it up wrong or the theory does not work but the info came from a ver respectable GTP breeder so this is why i tried to give it ago.... but again (and there is my but..) it didnt work and has been replaced last night in my regular weekly clean up.... and if i had the ability to upload pics at work without getting in major grief the pics would already be replaced

thankyou for the good wishes and as i adjusted my first comment you will see that it was a extreemly hard decision for me to down size that is why i didnt make the decision awhile ago, its never fun having to sell off animals that you really would like to keep and enjoy watching breed and then care for the eggs and then get feeding and then see go off to good homes themselves....

weekend cleans...spots cleans ...but If Im heading out the door cant do much then so I will do it soon as im back!!
Been into pet shops and the puppys have like 98736872586712389561893645 turds in their cage ***

I also commented on the disgust in them pics Smithers and got told 'To get off my high horse'???

Well it's good that so many have the same ideals for their animals as you n I that have replied to the thread and thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back