Are You Serious!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey there im the first to admit it was mine and as you can now see by my reply there is a reason.... but the GTP pics you are refering to are actually an experiment in Viv ecosystem gone abit wrong, i read an article and researched further on this subject awhile back where you create a working ecosystem in your GTP viv, where layering a few different types of substrate can produce almost a self composting substrate that hardly needs to be cleaned out and replaced. After a few months of testing i either set it up wrong or the theory does not work but the info came from a ver respectable GTP breeder so this is why i tried to give it ago.... but again (and there is my but..) it didnt work and has been replaced last night in my regular weekly clean up.... and if i had the ability to upload pics at work without getting in major grief the pics would already be replaced

thankyou for the good wishes and as i adjusted my first comment you will see that it was a extreemly hard decision for me to down size that is why i didnt make the decision awhile ago, its never fun having to sell off animals that you really would like to keep and enjoy watching breed and then care for the eggs and then get feeding and then see go off to good homes themselves....

You where making compost in your GTP cages coz you didnt wana clean? :O what about bugs n mites and all other living things that thrive in compost...I would love to see the pics :D load load load :D

thats not what i was saying EZEkiel as said it was supposed to work as a self recyling substrate and if you have a read of "the complete chrondo" you will see that its explained in there in more detail, and the fact that it didnt work was the reason why i scrapped the idea and now only use peat moss as a substrate. And no it was not a case of lazyness but it was an interesting concept that i read a fair bit into that unfortunetly did not work in my behalf...

I think anyone who would like to put pics up, either to share or to sell get the idea.

Good on you snakecharmer for having the guts to admit they were your animals and what you were trying to achieve even if it did not work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back