not enough humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

666PYTHON

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering how to get the humidity higher in my incubator its a fridge with 4.3meters of 25watt heat cord in it and a incubation tub in it from carpetpythons.com s.i.m i think their called away just wondering how i can get the humidity higher?

hey mate easisest way would to be put a few bowls of water in the incubator. what type of incubation method are you using?

will be incubating spotteds and murrays hopfully just tryin to get it all ready for when they come once agin hopfully lol um im using the S.I.M Suspension Incubation Method. with just water in it?

hey mate,

i could be wrong but as long as they are suspended over the water and you have it set up and ready before the eggs arrive the humidity should maintain itsself just make sure there is nowhere for it to escape if it really does need to be increased just put an extra water bowl in the incubator.

Ahh it depends i've heard most people have it around 80-90% relative humidity having said that i could be complpetely wrong i think i read it on Snakeranch once upon a time. has a good write up on incubating.

humidity should be 99%. the sim tubs get water put underneath the mesh bit which will control your humidity problem. but i would still open the tubs once a week just to oxygenate the eggs.
cheers D

I think he means having the water directly underneath them while they are on the mesh will keep the humidity very high which is what you want

hey mate i found that link i was talking about from snake ranch you might get some ideas from it. is this your first time breeding. hope it all goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back