Giant king crickets (Australostoma Australasia) Male n Female pic's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow... they sure are massive! What do they eat?
They eat live insects n other small critter's like frogs, lizards, n eat fruit, things like berrys, sweet pineapples, bananas, i have even giving them raw mince, but ive always given them live food..it's more fun to watch them catch there food n rip the sh...t out of it.

King crickets are related to the wetas from NZ and are quite common in the hinterland in SE QLD. Normally seen on wet nights but as the last photo shows..

Attachments

• Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_01.jpg
    Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_01.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_02.jpg
    Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_02.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_04.jpg
    Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_04.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_07.jpg
    Animals_Inverterbrates_Insects_KingCricket_07.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 76
They eat live insects n other small critter's like frogs, lizards, n eat fruit, things like berrys, sweet pineapples, bananas, i have even giving them raw mince, but ive always given them live food..it's more fun to watch them catch there food n rip the sh...t out of it.

I'm going to have nightmares! lol

Give me a Boa or brown snake anyday... Bugs and spiders make me scream like a girl!!..hahaha.....cool looking things though,i would never harm a spider or bug..but still, they give me the heeby jeebies!!

HOLY TRUCK!!!!!!!! uhmm, just showed yoda and he tried to eat one of the monitor but i think i'd need to sledge hammer those dudes before feeding them to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back