Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol yeah im glad u think u do

You know you don't have to be rude, why don't you take a trip to macksville and befriend some of the locals and ask them yourself, if your really lucky, though with an attitude like yours I doubt it, they might even tell you where it is. Glad at 25 years of age you know everything about a 50000 year old culture.

You know you don't have to be rude, why don't you take a trip to macksville and befriend some of the locals and ask them yourself, if your really lucky, though with an attitude like yours I doubt it, they might even tell you where it is. Glad at 25 years of age you know everything about a 50000 year old culture.

Lol...and by no comment i actually mean, ill refrain from how troubled i really think you are...but ay keep up the cocky attitude its working :)

Ok fair enough, I don't see how I am being cocky at all, it is just what I have been told. They call them pink tiger snakes. Sorry I commented at all.

yeah i was impressed how much i know amazing when u choose what u can learn from your grandma who was raped beaten etc as a stolen generation
You know, I am sorry about what happened to your family, my daughter-in-laws family has suffered a similar fate, but it is no reason to attack me for something I was merely relating from what I had heard. If you go to Macksville and ask around I am sure someone will relate the story to you, especially as you are bound to be related to someone from Macksville if your family is from Byron.

Ok, I wasn't going to say where it was but as I am being ridiculed for relating a story, the place is Stuarts Point, NSW.

Last edited:
I don't want to be mean but I'm curious you said you have personally heard stories from women who have seen them but then you said it is part of the Dreamtime stories? Does this mean these pink tigers have been in that area since the Dreamtime stories were created?

I don't want to be mean but I'm curious you said you have personally heard stories from women who have seen them but then you said it is part of the Dreamtime stories? Does this mean these pink tigers have been in that area since the Dreamtime stories were created?

That I don't know, but they have been part of that areas stories for a long time. Long before I was born in any case.

kaotikezta, what you are up against here is different understanding and different believes that exist in our cultures. Cultures are like religions, they don't agree with each other.
I just submitted an article to S&T about my snake hunting with a old Aboriginal police tracker. Without going into details, we found heaps of snakes but his and my identification and description of the "species" was very different. No right or wrong, just different.

Albinos would have been around all of the time. They probably would be very localized within a certain area though, considering the chances of interbreeding and the survival of most albino species.....I think ahah

kaotikjezta while some of the story's might be true, some/most of them are exaggerated..

Just think about the logic behind what you have said for a minute....

A secret camping ground where indigenous women and albino (pink) tiger snakes meet and hang out/camp together in harmony?

If any man was to enter the site they would be chased away by the snakes -- Really?..

Sorry but it is completely ridiculous...

kaotikezta, what you are up against here is different understanding and different believes that exist in our cultures. Cultures are like religions, they don't agree with each other.
I just submitted an article to S&T about my snake hunting with a old Aboriginal police tracker. Without going into details, we found heaps of snakes but his and my identification and description of the "species" was very different. No right or wrong, just different.

I agree but the people of the area know they are albino and the younger generations say that they are called pink tiger snakes because they are albino.

what did they call them before 1861? i assume not tigers........
Of course not and they still have a name in there lingo for them but to white people they call them tiger snakes.

kaotikjezta while some of the story's might be true, some/most of them are exaggerated..

Just think about the logic behind what you have said for a minute....

A secret camping ground where indigenous women and albino (pink) tiger snakes meet and hang out/camp together in harmony?

If any man was to enter the site they would be chased away by the snakes -- Really?..

I agree the stories get exaggerated, it was about the fact that they are there in that area and the camping ground isn't secret, i have had it pointed out to me, I said sacred.

Sacred, sorry...

I don't doubt at all that they are there kaotikjezta, I think people (myself included) are focusing more on the story you told...

This is very true, alot of venomous snakes have been know to chase people, for kilometers.
anyone with ''experience'' would know this.

Don't people of different genders give off different pheromones?
Tigers might be able to sense them?

Ill preface with i have tolerance for aboriginal culture in accordance with, Site Rule 2 - Intolerance of Other User.

I don't think dream-time stories are meant to be taken literally. i asked my geology lecturer today and he assured me a giant snake did not carve the landscape i was shocked and tried to explain to him i read the dream time was real on APS.. he asked me to leave.
Next it was to the head of biological sciences.. again i was shocked to hear evolution was responsible for echidnas not a person with spears in his back morphing into one.

P.s
Snakes don't live in families or involve themselves in socially constructed gender roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back