Post Your Pygmy Python [Anteresia Perthensis]

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

I hope a special thread hasn't been done for these little guys and l know quite a few have them so l thought it would be good to see all the colour/pattern variations would be good. l have cut and pasted a map of their distribution with the approval of Pilbara Pythons for those not sure of their limited distribution in Western Australia....solar 17 [Baden]

This little pygmy has just had her 11th feed and that big bulge in her is a one day old pinkie mouse [fresh killed]
.....solar 17 [Baden]
5555012639_bc95d1848f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Babies I have hatched average 4 grams! Most Stimsons, Childrens, and spotteds I have hatched were 8 grams. They are very small and amazing little pythons. The following image is of a female on eggs and the nest box is a 16 oz. 4" round butter tub.

Ryan Young
DSC00539.jpg

Absolutely stunning!!

Do you know what their natural prey is when in the wild? Is it skinks? they wouldn't find too many mammals small enough to become their prey you wouldn't think.....

Did you have any trouble getting them feeding? what do you start them feeding on?

Once again nice work Baden!....... and Ryan Y

The Babies I have hatched average 4 grams! Most Stimsons, Childrens, and spotteds I have hatched were 8
grams. They are very small and amazing little pythons. The following image is of a female on eggs and the nest box is a 16 oz. 4" round butter tub.

Ryan Young

great pic's mate love these lil guys how and what do you get a hatchie that small feeding on?

Last edited:
I have 3 siblings that look like this. Not fully self feeding yet but getting there.

Perthensis 1.jpg Perthensis 4.jpg

In the wild I am convinced that youngsters sometimes prey on tad poles. Haven't proven this yet though.
That's amazing. Do you think you've seen this occur? Why do you think this is the case?

Not doubting you at all, but would love to know your theory behind this...

Tadpoles sure would solve their feeding 'issues' as youngsters! lol

ok i have a few questions:

1. how big do they grow? like length wise
2. cost for purchase
3. temperment

just the general

ok i have a few questions:

1. how big do they grow? like length wise
2. cost for purchase
3. temperment

just the general
1. 60-90cm as adults
2. for sexed "EATING" hatchies $1200.00+/- unless you get mates rates
3. "generally" very good

ohh that would be perfect in every way....except for the one downfall...the price

well there maybe cheaper around but l am not selling any so l am not trying to jack the price up, sometimes you see adults for the same price on "RDU" but there are imo not a lot around as yet but there size and temperment will make them popular imo.....solar 17 [Baden]

and especially for those who have parents not keen on snakes. because they don't get that big, it's not like you've got a 9ft carpet swanning around your house its a permanent baby snake and if i ever find one in my price range and it checks all the boxes i'm gonna get it and stuff mum coz like i said its gonna be small (easy to hide from the landlord as well!)

stunning, very nice indeed. at the mo i have Antaresia childreni & maculosa hope later in the year to pick up stimsoni,& would love to add perthensis but the chances of getting them in Ireland is very slim,but hopefully at some point ill pick them up at a european show,fingers crossed anyway. again stunning snakes guys & girls:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back