Gravid Yellow Keelback with photo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that comment, they are more common than they were 5 years ago. I knew of 1 person who kept them, which I took over their animals.

Nowadays they aren't common but they are alot more common than they were.

Saying that Dotty what are you feeding yours, I really want to get mine off goldfish as it's not good for them, just wanting to see what else people are feeding.

D

Why do you want to get them off fish?

For a long time i've wondered wether fish as a primary food source affect a snakes longevity. I have heard quite a few stories, particularly about GTS, that don't live much more than a few years. I'm curious as to wether this could be attributed to fish...

Waru, I'm all for the fish. However goldfish I'm against. They contain Thaimaise which inhibits the uptake of Vitamin B.

I believe that would have a huge imput into the longevity of the animals

Waru, I'm all for the fish. However goldfish I'm against. They contain Thaimaise which inhibits the uptake of Vitamin B.

I believe that would have a huge imput into the longevity of the animals

Very interesting. I guess my hunch may have had a little weight to it.

Yeah, and unfortunately I live in the city so can't go catch some rainbows or gudgeons in the local creak.

I disagree with that comment, they are more common than they were 5 years ago. I knew of 1 person who kept them, which I took over their animals.

Nowadays they aren't common but they are alot more common than they were.

still not a common species in the hobby, they deff fall into the not to often seen/kept species category

Whoops I meant alot less rarer, or more common... sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain thinks!

In victoria 10plus years ago just like colletti could'nt give them away, nobody wanted them & now the interest is back, good on you Dottyback & others working on keelbacks.

This would be a perfect match for your girl - it was a wild one. I am going back to that locality in couple of weeks time but I am not holding my breath to find one like that again.

i get the feeling this would have been the best partner for your keelback gillsy :shock:

pitty it died (cat had got hold of it).

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 79
I actually rescued one very similar to the animal you got pic's of Micheal. My photo quality isn't anywhere near as good as yours but here it is...

Great work successfully breeding your pair dottyback. It would be great to see more captive bred animal's getting around.

Attachments

• tn_keelback2.jpg
    tn_keelback2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 44
  • tn_keelback4.jpg
    tn_keelback4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 41
was found by a cat on the gold coast.

shame, the only chance i have ever had to get an albino and it was a wild caught i couldn't keep :( i'm lucky i got the call before tony harrison but so thats a plus or i would have never seen it.

lol nice one stu do u still have it? i would have kept it in a bottle lol

nope, wasn't allowed to keep it as i wasn't registered wilth wildcare. and to be honest back when i got it i really wouldn't have known how to keep a keelback, or anyone else into reptiles that may have been able to help me set it up. kick myself everytime i look at that picture.

as far as i know it is/was sitting in jonno's freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back