Zebra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zack13

Reaction score
When are we finally going to see zebras for sale to everyone? I really want one they are amazing.

im guessing your talking about zebra jungles and i dont think there is any in Aus i thought the only ones where overseas

Yeah I am. Surely they are here already. Someone just has to be brave enough to say I bred them.

Yeah I am. Surely they are here already. Someone just has to be brave enough to say I bred them.
Pretty much they currently fall under the "ask no questions hear no lies" category...
But i doubt it will be much longer before there public and not just being passed around to the bigger breeders like most other morphs yet to become public.

im guessing your talking about zebra jungles and i dont think there is any in Aus i thought the only ones where overseas

I think he is saying to the one who smuggled them in to come out and start selling and I agree. Just a mutation that you line bred into your animals over generations ;).

Yeah just come out with them already we have "rpm" now time for the next one.

i was told $12k for a pair, but not sure how reliable???

I love how so many people are openly supporting the illegal importation of animals, so much so that they are encouraging it :)
I'm curious though, are we just as happy for the smugglers to bring in more ball pythons, boas, retics etc?

It'll be interesting to see what zebras will be sold as, I only hope they don't end up with another ridiculous and stupid name like jags did!!!
It'll be even more interesting to see if they are pure jungles or hybrids. In europe they've already been paired with diamonds, caramels (coastals), granites (Irian jayas) and probably others... but I'm sure 'Australian' zebras will be absolutely 'pure', just like many of the jags being sold don't have MD blood in them ;)

I'll add to Jason's comment. I can only conclude that the monochrome jags would have murray-darling genetics in them because how would one get monochrome carpet python colours? The only mono carpet pythons I've ever see were murray-darlings and some of the rarer jungles. Most of the atherton jungles I've seen were rather brownish or beige instead of white. Besides, jungles are rather snappy generally so if I had to work with these animals I'd prefer murray-darling carpets, I think they're the most placid carpets of all, right there with diamonds.

I love how so many people are openly supporting the illegal importation of animals, so much so that they are encouraging it :)

I'm sure the use of the word love was TIC.?

It'll be interesting to see what zebras will be sold as, I only hope they don't end up with another ridiculous and stupid name like jags did!!!

Probably follow the vein of Jags and be IPM's (Increased Pattern Morelia).

Wasn't there a zebra looking MD produced a while back ?

MD20Morph204.jpg

I'll add to Jason's comment. I can only conclude that the monochrome jags would have murray-darling genetics in them because how would one get monochrome carpet python colours? The only mono carpet pythons I've ever see were murray-darlings and some of the rarer jungles. Most of the atherton jungles I've seen were rather brownish or beige instead of white. Besides, jungles are rather snappy generally so if I had to work with these animals I'd prefer murray-darling carpets, I think they're the most placid carpets of all, right there with diamonds.
Papua New Guinea Carpet Pythons.....
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/png-carpet-python-155947/

I think thats Hugsta's right? and he is thinking of naming it a Granite Murray Darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back