Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So who went to the Brisbane State Bird Fair today? I went, it was excellent! :D
An amazing variety of native and exotic birds, some beautiful colour morphs of cockatiels ect.
One thing I loved was it was very hands on - I got to hold a sulfur crested cockatoo, a gang gang cockatoo and a rat (lol)
The best part was of course the reptile section!!! Geckoes Wildlife Presentations had a great display of reptiles, including a Brown Tree Snake, Keelback, Rough Scales Snake, Death Adder, Leaf Tailed gecko, a Saltwater Croc, a Pink Tongue, some Turtles and more.
I got to hold a Bredli and the man running the place was kind enough to let me hold their Pink Tongue Skink (he was so cute, he kept walking all over my hands :) )
Also they had a table where a Eastern Water Dragon and Bearded Dragon sat motionless on a log. Underneath them was a Shingleback and Eastern Bluey - they were so calm I thought they were fake! Some woman thought they were statues and got the fright of her life when she patted the bluey and it turned its head and poked out its tongue :lol: Also we got to touch the saltie.
BTW I just realised I held a Bredli after holding a rat :shock: that could've ended badly.
All in all it was FANTASTIC :D and I'm usually hard to please ;)

I wanted to go but got sidetracked helping mates out and when i wanted to go it was too late :/

Yes, Bredlislave and I were manning the Herp Society stall, the one with the BHP on it. Pity you did not say hello! Some outstanding birds there, I found a couple I would have loved to bring home but all the ones I wanted were over $1000! Damn you champagne taste and beer budget!

Yes, Bredlislave and I were manning the Herp Society stall, the one with the BHP on it. Pity you did not say hello! Some outstanding birds there, I found a couple I would have loved to bring home but all the ones I wanted were over $1000! Damn you champagne taste and beer budget!
haha bhp at a bird expo "where did that prize winning quail of mine go?"

FISH CHIC had a stall at the Bird Expo...I bought a beautiful bright indigo fighter fish...she has awesome stuff :)

There was a Llama Farmer there too

The thing that blew me away was Martin Finglands display....roughies, keelbacks, adders, and heaps more...never seen anything better

The bleeding heart pigeons caught my eye

haha bhp at a bird expo "where did that prize winning quail of mine go?"

Lol, that came up more than once! I had to tell people "Look, he loves birds as much or more than you do!" That line got many a good laugh! I hope we managed to build some bridges as it is not a stretch to say that bird keeperes are not typically fans of snakes. If even one snake gets spared the shovel from ours and Martin's displays then it was time well spent.

To meet them half way though, we will have to do something about the Asian House Geckos, the bird folks HATE them!

I was there with my partner as she is in the market for a Sun Conure, finding the reptile displays was a nice bonus and I definitely found more than one excuse to go past there again :D

It seemed like just when you thought the crowds had moved on then another wave would descend upon it. So with so much to see I couldn't stay too long, but that was a beautiful BHP, and great to watch the death adder sitting under his log just watching the crowds go past.

the bird fair was great! i went there to, and the exhibit of geckoes wildlife presenation was awesome! the set-up of the leaf tail gecko was so cool!!!

Yeah martins display is the one I saw :)
Snake_Whisperer, I saw your stand! I saw the BHP as well and I thought you were just an extension from the other display :p
Next time I'll have to say hello! I thought about holding the BHP when it got taken out but BHP's freak me out a bit ever since my friends 5 foot one bit his arm... Lots of blood :shock:
I was soooo lucky to not be bitten by the Bredli!

And yeah, the bleeding heart pigeons were... Unusual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back