Green Poop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drake84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I went in to clean out my new snake's enclosure last night and noticed a green, almost crystaline poo in his enclosure. I assume this isn't normal and thought I would throw it out there to see if you think it's anything to be overly concerned about or not...

Cheers,

Drake

Was it similar to the white urate often part of a snake poo package?

No... He tends to do his seperately... I got the white urate a few days ago and then last night I got the actual poo part of it and this time it was a lime green colour and one part of it appeared kind of crystaline, like it had sugar crystals in it or something...

it didnt eat any of your fake plants or anything

Nah, don't have any fake plants in his click clack or anything green for that matter... he seems perfectly healthy so I am not overly concerned at the moment and should probably wait until his next poo before I do become more concerned but thought I would see if anyone on here with more experience has come across it before.

They are just urate crystals. Typically they will be a yellow colour but if they are in the snake for longer they can be stained green by stomach bile. Not really a cause for concern but it might be worth checking that the snakes water is always fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back