a few hours herping at the hume weir

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
um we had it by the tail and we picked it up with the hook at a safe distance so we/i didnt get bit

and it was in the drum so it couldnt get me

Young fella you are foolish!, A brown can come back up the length of its body and bite you befor you can react!
When you DO get a bite you are going to wish you were dead for the pain and future problems you may end up with!

I say good on you for being keen... but the sock idea...probably not so good mate! I remember when i was 16 we used to handle king browns(mulgas) from north west victoria.... I dont think i could do it now though..... And never with a sock!

Letting someone free handle a wild HIGHLY VENOMOUS elapid on their first herping trip, wow............

i let a pissed glaswegian hold a tiger snake, and he'd only that arvo touched his first reptile

boiis, you will look back at these photos in years to come and think what an idiot i was...
"fluoro clothing and backward caps, what was i thinking"

hey i dont want start a argument or anything but i am not scared to get bit or anything but we took a lot of care of where we walked or stepped on

Your going to get flamed to death lol. Kinda have mixed views with this can understand both train of thoughts being 20 myself i do stupid things but freehandling vens at your age with limited experience is fraught with danger and probally only ever going to end in tears..

What i or anyone on a forum says doesnt matter your going to do it anyway so just be carefully buddy.

And cheers for the pics :)

Wow. Everyone's so maternal here. Let the children do what they want. They'll usually only make a mistake once.

its not dead if lizard boii puts some of the other pic on u will see its not dead

You seem to be a nice kid that thinks things through......... Do you also play on the freeway?

Young fella you are foolish!, A brown can come back up the length of its body and bite you befor you can react!
When you DO get a bite you are going to wish you were dead for the pain and future problems you may end up with!

Even if he did get bit their is only 1 death related to snake bites per year and we are talking about a worse case scenario.

hey i dont want start a argument or anything but i am not scared to get bit or anything but we took a lot of care of where we walked or stepped on

haha what a comment, not scared of being bit, are you nuts, that thing will take you to hell and back again if it bit you. A friend of me has told me and shown pics of what happens when they bite you and you don't want to. You may think your invincible but you ain't. If you ain't scared, let it bite you, I can't be that bad.

yes thanks for that and if we do get bit we will learn from our mistake

Hey, I think its great that your out herping and learning etc, just be a bit more careful about your techniques particularly when you post pics of it on the net for all us flamers to see lol

The thing that bothers me most this thread is not your total disregard to you or your companions safety is the fact that you come on here talking about it like you were catching tadpoles and give the impression to newbies that its ok to pick up a Brown snakes as long as they have a couple of socks on
i am not trying to give that impression, and no, we werent acting like we were catching tadpoles, before brandon handed the snake, i explained that it was highly venomous, and that IF it were to bite him, we would be in trouble and i definately didnt just hand him the snake , i told him what to do, and he was holding it for the time it took to take a pic, then put it down, geez guys, secondly disregard? me and james go herping all the time, and we are aware of the dangers, brandon WANTED to handle the brown, and we didnt want to be like "nah man if it bit you, you will die", because he was holding it for a few seconds and that is it, now specksta1er, if you actually knew what i was reffering to, or saw the pics, you would see that i wasnt saying "its head was too small, it couldnt bite me" i was saying its fangs couldnt penetrate the 2 socks that were on my hand, and yes i know it is the worlds 2 most venomous snake, this is bull*****, i share our herping pics and suddenly everyone has a go at us, you wonder why hardly anyone posts pics on here anymore, i really dont care what you guys think, i know the dangers, and i certainly dont think it was ok just coz there was a close hospital, we didnt PLAN to find the browns, we just did and we thought we would take pics, we also introduced a new face into the world of herps, but i know he isnt going to go off on his own and catch another brown, he isnt stupid

the size of the eb doesnt effect the toxisity of the venom. its mouth can still open wide enough to get its fangs in and then its all but over for you. surviving a bite from an eb doesnt mean you come out completely healthy it means you are alive but most likely your organs will fail you slowly throughout your life. not the best way to be if you ask me. all because you think you had some idea of what you were doing.

you now say you used a hook but earlier your mate said you had no equipment with you. hmmmm
sorry but i agree and think you are very stupid and need some education. if you are going to free handle then you want to know what you are doing and have the snake head in a position it cant turn and bite you like in the pic and then you wouldnt need the sock.

yes they had to learn somewhere but they didnt do that by using a sock. if anything they would use something thick like leather or better, plan better next time or it may well be your last.
actually i said james "fashioned a hook" meaning he made one on the spot

Just my opinion but you sound like an uneducated toss. At 14, or sorry the big 15, you ain't got no experince. Find a en on hot day and think it will be like this one the whoa ur in for a suprise

i am not trying to give that impression, and no, we werent acting like we were catching tadpoles, before brandon handed the snake, i explained that it was highly venomous, and that IF it were to bite him, we would be in trouble and i definately didnt just hand him the snake , i told him what to do, and he was holding it for the time it took to take a pic, then put it down, geez guys, secondly disregard? me and james go herping all the time, and we are aware of the dangers, brandon WANTED to handle the brown, and we didnt want to be like "nah man if it bit you, you will die", because he was holding it for a few seconds and that is it, now specksta1er, if you actually knew what i was reffering to, or saw the pics, you would see that i wasnt saying "its head was too small, it couldnt bite me" i was saying its fangs couldnt penetrate the 2 socks that were on my hand, and yes i know it is the worlds 2 most venomous snake, this is bull*****, i share our herping pics and suddenly everyone has a go at us, you wonder why hardly anyone posts pics on here anymore, i really dont care what you guys think, i know the dangers, and i certainly dont think it was ok just coz there was a close hospital, we didnt PLAN to find the browns, we just did and we thought we would take pics, we also introduced a new face into the world of herps, but i know he isnt going to go off on his own and catch another brown, he isnt stupid

People dont want to see you dead mate, like i said handling vens at your age is fraught with danger and most likely going to end in tears HOWEVER i understand why you do it and im surprised ive lived through all the stupid things ive done and still continue to occasionally do. Alot of the posters here seem to be females/males in their 40's who have kids etc and are just looking after your welfare however like i said their is only 1 death per year related to snake bites.

Just my opinion but you sound like an uneducated toss. At 14, or sorry the big 15, you ain't got no experince. Find a en on hot day and think it will be like this one the whoa ur in for a suprise

The big 15? your 17 mate lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back