Hi

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stemschicky

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just introducing myself, as I am new!

I have a bearded dragon who I am totally in love with, he/she is about 6 months old, and a big ball of fun.

On saturday, I bought my first snake, a stimmy, and am very thankful for this forum, as you guys have answered a lot of questions I had once I bought him home. I woke up this morning to discover he had shed, so it will be my very first feed with him today! does anyone have any advice on what to use if you dont have the long handled tweezers yet?:shock: Im heading down to shops today, but want to feed him before I leave.

Thanks
Tammy

Lol, thats what I figured, off to get some now. I thought that tweezers would have been a basic addition to the set up I bought when I got him!

I used to just feed with my fingers when my spotted was small. She never missed but it's much better with feeding tongs. Haha.

Gday and congrats on getting your first snake. Best of luck

What an amazing thing to watch, no wonder people become addicted!

For anyone who has beardies, when should they start eating their greens, mine still snubs his nose at them when offered! Just like my kids hahaha
But I do know he should start eating them soon (he's around 6 mths at the moment). I feed him crickets about 2-3 times a day, calcium covered at least 5 times a week. He's a happy healthy little critter but I am starting to get worried about him eating his vegies

What an amazing thing to watch, no wonder people become addicted!

For anyone who has beardies, when should they start eating their greens, mine still snubs his nose at them when offered! Just like my kids hahaha
But I do know he should start eating them soon (he's around 6 mths at the moment). I feed him crickets about 2-3 times a day, calcium covered at least 5 times a week. He's a happy healthy little critter but I am starting to get worried about him eating his vegies

If you put meal worms with the vegies they like the movement and miss the mealies and get the vegies... at least that's how i got mine onto vegies. Try things with bright colour, like squash.

Ok, i'll give it a go, but I havent tried mealies yet as I read somewhere to avoid them as they will make him compacted! But I suppose a few here and there couldnt hurt.....

hes hiding the brocoli in the pot plants...your kids taught him that trick :p
maybe the kids will eat veggies if add some worms too hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back