One feral cat's 24 hour catch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dottyback

Reaction score
An email that's getting around.
It's interesting that our government invests so much time into licensing reptiles yet in most places registering your cat is not required. I wonder which would be more beneficial for protecting our wildlife. The last thing we need is more feral cat populations.

New Image.JPG

Interesting. They look remarkably intact? As in full heads, tails, legs and feet... last time i checked cats didn't swallow WHOLE prey items.

Yeah, something just doesn't look right about it to me.

But I'd just go with it cos I don't like cats lol.

I dont know a whole lot about cats, but yes i would agree with Minka, sure cats dont swallow whole prey... looks sus..

But i agree that the system sux! cats are a bigger threat to native wildlife than us keepers keeping native fauna

That's what I was thinking.

Dude have you seen a cat eat? They aren't snakes, they don't eat anything whole. Not even one of the animals in the picture looks like it's been chewed

No your right, its a conspiracy theory to try and get everyone thinking that feral cats are bad for the environment.
House cats are just as bad.

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't John Read the crazy guy that wears cat skins and has taken it upon himself to be a one man army in the fight to have cats banned. He'd do anything to prove his point, even stage photographs because at the end of the day he just likes killing cats.

Dude have you seen a cat eat? They aren't snakes, they don't eat anything whole. Not even one of the animals in the picture looks like it's been chewed

Google "John Read" from Roxby Downs in South Australia. No doubt he could forward you countless photo's similar to this.

How many feral cats have you dissected?

Feral cats are bad for our envirement, possible one the worst for killing as they aren't just restricted to the ground.

How many feral cats have you dissected?

You would have been proud of me last night Jonno, I dissected a feral cat with 3 shots from a pump action .308! I must be doing it wrong though as I could not find the stomach contents ;)

I am unsure on the background of this photo however they kill far too many natives to not be taken seriously.

Viridis

that photo is fake i have two cats at home (the type they are they have to be indoors only) but yeh they cant eat something half the size of my pinkies fingernail with out chewing it to peices first

It's interesting that our government invests so much time into licensing reptiles yet in most places registering your cat is not required.

View attachment 193058

Reptile laws here are a joke.
Another Government Money making scam :) .. As I do believe in a permit system,it keeps the wrong people keeping reptiles (to a degree)..but I dont understand why we have to pay for it!

CSIRO PUBLISHING - Wildlife Research

This seems like an awful lot of work just for someone who likes killing cats.

So he's written a paper, or should I say co-written, he's also declared his own nature reserve but it doesn't alter the fact that he has a particular hatred of cats and enjoys killing them.

And I am not saying nothing should be done about feral cats, just making a point that he is the kind of person who would fake a photo to further his agenda, if he is who I think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back