Non feeding Albino Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
Is it just me or is there a crazy amount of Albino Darwins being sold non feeding?

I seen an Ad on here, pet pages.

Im not having digs at the breeders but are they just not wanting to put the time into them? or they simply cant get them feeding.

Its not just one or two in a clutch either being sold as non feeders its like 5 or 6,
Is it more common with Albinos to get trouble feeders?

I thought it was cos there were people who bought albinos to breed and sell for profit and couldn't be bothered trying to get them to feed.

Can't speak for other breeders, but most of my albinos started feeding with no dramas. The last two to hatch in my clutch haven't started feeding on their own (one het, one albino), so I'm not selling either until they are fully feeding. I think some breeders just want a break and are selling them cheaper because they can. For a cheaper snake, most buyers wouldn't be willing to invest the time and effort. If you've never coaxed a reluctant feeder or done assist feeding, I must say it is no fun!

Its a result of a falling market. So many people make decisions on where to buy based only on price. Some breeders decide to offer the cheapest to satify that market by removing any guarantees as far as feeding etc which allows them to offer the cheapest. You get the same with buyers enquiring about hets. They quote het animals they have been offerred by "so and so", but so and so doesn't have any albinos so how can they have hets?............ Because he says they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back