Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you get bitten by a brown?

Yes I did, it was a dry bite and it was when I was removing the browns one morning so they didn't die, it was on my toe and only one tooth went in. Lucky for me it was the last snake. So there's not a length I won't go to for even elapids, I'm not afraid, I been bitten by a brown so a python doesn't scare me

when the electricity company sends the cops to your house to check if your growing dope
when the electricity company finds your illegal grow operation

Last edited:
when you need to move cos youve run out of space and your house hunting check boxes are

solid brick type construction with a downstairs room that stays cool in summer. (for diamonds)
downstairs tiled incase animals poo while exploring
good climbing staircase for snakes
flat yard that can accomodate aviaries
broad wondowsills for lizards
quiet safe street away from shops/stations where kids/teens hang out and might break in and steal them (paranoid i know but it happens)
lots of space to upgrade enclosures (which was the reason for having to move in the first place)
and blowing the budget by 100K cos i found the house that ticks all the boxes,..

and never having time or money to do anything but always having time and money for more critters.

When your retarded school friends find a marsh frog at school and try to kill it cos it's a toad, you argue saying z"trust me, I would know! Saydly" lol I get funny looks :) but then we just pick them up and they fell in love with them so alls good :)

When you can't sleep cos you're excited about picking up snakes on the weekend :)

when you go house hunting for 4 bedrm houses...2rooms for you and 2 for your mum

when you look at the floor plans and see how you can have a single bed in the 2nd room which will be a herp room so that when friends stay they can sleep in your room and you can sleep in your kids room.

when you look on domain.com before anywhere because there's standards that need to be met.

When your child gets a splinter. . .and the only tweezers you own are 5 inches long?

........................When your missus picks you up about the fact that you didn't realise that the tray on your new $70,000 GXL V8 L'Cruiser ute has started to rust from all of the drift wood you have been scabbing off the beach for Monitor and Lizard pits............................ :shock:

When you swap your snake for another you tell your housemate that everytime snakes shed thier skin they change colour (a jungle hatchling has turned into a bredli!)
Also, when you justify that fact your partner spends $6000 restoring an old car, you can spend $6000 on your "little hobby" :)
When there is a snake in your backyard you get all excited and dont want the snake catcher to come and take it away, you want the snake to feel welcome to your backyard and for it is stay in its home :)

When you are driving after heavy rain and you see frogs jumping all
over the road, and you try to dodge them by swerving around them in the wet. :shock:

When you forgot to get the frozen rats in the freezer at work and the boss sends out an email about
food hygiene without mentioning names, but everyone knows who it was, and you cant see the big deal.

Last edited:
-When you don't garden but spend so much time in the section looking for hides people ask you about plants.

-When you defrost so many mice the water freezes

-The Pizza delivery guy won't come to the door anymore because the snake cages scare him.

- All your friends Refer to you as "Snake ****er" ((I do travel in such classy circles))

-getting bitten by anything less than a 8 footer barely registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back